Tobacco Deals Heat Up
- Muni Yields Fall 3 to 5 Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p2
Municipal bond yields fell between three and five basis points on June 10, 2003, while underwriters priced for institutions $2 billion of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. At a repricing of the noncallable bonds, yields were increased four basis points...
- Tapering in the US can ease investor's agony. Lanning, Tony // Money Marketing;9/5/2013, p21
The author comments on tapering of bond purchases in the U.S. The author mentions that participants in the U.S. Federal Reserve meeting in July 2013 felt that market expectations for asset purchases and policy rates were aligned with their own expectations. He says that tapering will begin in...
- White & Case leads Thai securitisation. Cushnie, Lorraine // Lawyer;12/12/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p8
The article focuses on legal advice that is being given by White & Case LLP to Thailand's government regarding its securitisation bonds programme. Thailand's government has issued bonds with different maturities and are secured by 30-year leases. Securitisation is likely to become a common...
- Bond spreads widen. // Finweek;2/14/2008, p54
The author reflects on the risks associated with the widespread of corporate bonds in South Africa, due to equities re-rating across international markets. He argues that equity market downturn has not reached the freefall proportions of 2001, while securitisation issues raised from corporates...
- Conn. offers quasi-muni debt RRB. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the marketing of stranded cost securitization to municipal bond buyers by the state of Connecticut. use of proceeds from the bonds to fill a projected budgeted deficit; Strategy of the state to achieve tax-exempt status; Implementation of non-recourse charge on ratepayers.
- Wednesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34348, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 98 7/32 to yield 2.33, up 5/3230-year: 99 5/32 to yield 3.04, up 25/32 Municipal BondIndex 123 1/32, up 14/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 07/23) Total: $11.420 billion, up $547.1 millionCompetitive: $4.108 billion, up $2.247 billionNegotiated:...
- Better Pricing for WROCG's Second PACE Bond. Colomer, Nora // Structuredfinancenews.com;10/16/2014, p7
The article reports that the pricing on the Western Riverside Council of Governments' (WRCOG) Home Energy Renovation Opportunity (HERO) Funding Trust Series 2014-2 bond issue to be launched in October 2014 is cheaper than that of the trust's inaugural deal completed in April 2014. It explains...
- S&P Details the Profitability Of the Bond-Backing Business. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p1
Reports on the attractiveness of bond issuers' asset-backed business in the United States. Pricing of asset-backed policies; Municipal bonds' share of the insurers' overall business; Prioritization on market share above economics.
- Weighing Tobacco Options. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p1
Reports on Tennessee's securitization plan for the state's 4.8 billion dollar share of the national tobacco settlement. Use of money to deal with budget deficits; Possible sale of tobacco bonds.