In Transitional Year, ACA's Chief Lays Out His Vision of Future
- ACA Builds New CDO Model. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;4/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p6
Presents an update on the financing company ACA Financial Guaranty as of April 23, 2001. Appointment of Maryam Muessel as chief operating officer; Marketing plans of ACA according to chief executive officer Michael Satz; Executives that resigned from ACA.
- After Stumbling at Start of 2001, ACA Seeks Profitable Stride. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p6
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. is anticipating a profit in 2001 after its move to reduce staff and modify its business plan to expand insurance coverage into less competitive sectors and engage in structured finance. Forecast made by chief executive Michael E. Satz of company profit...
- Satz Steps Up at ACA Named CEO; Fraser Will Remain Chairman. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p1
Reports the appointment of Michael Satz as chief executive officer (CEO) of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York, New York. Career background of Satz; Reasons of Satz for accepting the position; Responsibilities of Satz as CEO.
- ACA to Investors: Agreements Keeping Capitalization Program on Track. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p5
Reports the progress of the capitalization program of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp in the United States. Negotiation with ACE American Insurance Co. for an excess-of-loss reinsurance soft-capital facility; Schedule for the completion of the program; Utilization of generally accepted accounting...
- ACA to Seek Capital Infusion to Stave Off Standard & Poor's Downgrade, CEO Says. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p34
Focuses on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s talks with investors for a needed capital infusion. Chief executive officer Michael Satz's speech before investors; Response to Standard & Poor's Inc.'s decision to place the firm on CreditWatch with negative implications; Decreased confidence in ACA...
- Satz to Resign ACA Posts; Capital Needs Keep IPO on Table. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p3
Reports on the plans of Michael Satz to resign as the deputy chairman and chief executive officer of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in the United States. Resignation of chief operating officer Maryann Muessel; Effect of the executive changes on the firm's plan for an initial public offering;...
- ACA Tells Investors of Its Plans To Attract New Capital Sources. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/30/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30860, p1
Reports on the plans of insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. to attract capital sources under the leadership of its chief executive H. Russell Fraser. Negotiations with banks to obtain soft capital; Replacement of a reinsurance agreement with ACE Capital Re Bermuda; Lessons from the experience...
- The Restructuring of ACA: Model or Cautionary Tale? Fraser, Russell; Hoens, Thomas; Smith, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32976, p24
The article presents an insight concerning the restructing of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. announced by the Maryland Insurance Administration on August 7, 2008. The author states that the agreement appears to convert about $69 billion of structured finance notional par exposure into an aggregate...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p2
A correction to the article regarding the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.