Indianapolis Begins 'Historic' Mission to Upgrade Its Schools
- Statewide Property Tax Still Part of N.H. School Funding Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p6
Reports the plans of Governor Jeanne Shaheen to include property tax to the public school funding plan in New Hampshire. Account of the court ruling on statewide property tax; Announcement of the school funding plan of Shaheen; Appointment of a commission to study the school funding crisis;...
- Lake Oswego, Ore. Voters to Weigh $85 Million for School Improvements. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30957, p3
Reports that voters in Lake Oswego, Oregon, will decide in November 2000, whether to create additional property taxes to pay for the construction of a new high school and other district improvements. Remodeling and improvement of nine elementary and two junior high schools in the district;...
- Proposed Changes Seen Altering Arkansas Bond Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31612, p3
Reports on a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow the state to assume all of the outstanding debt of school districts. Imposition of statewide property tax; Sale of Arkansas school bond issues; Decision on the local control of school districts on the facilities.
- Breaking the Mold. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p33
Reports on the optimism of public officials for voter approval of a bond measure for the renovation of school facilities in Carson City, Nevada. Authorization of debt to fund improvements to school facilities; Construction of a mold-free facility; Demolition of wood school facilities.
- Calif. flush with wave of school bond votes. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;03/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Reports that the Californians are voting on numbers of local school construction bonds for school facility needs. Missed opportunity of lawmakers in voting for school construction bonds; Estimates of Ann M. Evans, the director of school facilities planning for the education department, on the...
- Californians warned of future tax hikes. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p1A
Focuses on the initiative to lower voter threshold required for local school bonds approval in California. Potential impact on property taxes and local fiscal costs; Drop in support for the move based on a poll by the Public Policy Institute of California; Identification of schools as the most...
- Whitney ISD Bond Election Q&A. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/25/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the long-range facility plan of the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) in Texas and how does the bond proposal fit with the plan.
- Santa Fe Schools Win GOs, Tax for Construction Projects. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p26
Reports that voters of Santa Fe, New Mexico have approved Public School District's $45 million of general obligation bonds and the continuation of property tax to help finance district's construction projects. Areas that will be financed by bond proceeds; Comments of Gina Hickman, chief...
- Bedford, N.Y., Schools Selling $30M in Debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p6
Reports on the sale of thirty million dollars of tax-exempt bonds by the Bedford Central School District to help finance its ongoing capital campaign in New York. Modernization of school facilities; Prediction of growth in their high school student population; Reliance of the school to property...