Fla. County Authority: Developers With Lobbyists Need Not Apply
- FLORIDA APOLOGIZES FOR SLAVERY. // Jet;4/14/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 14, p17
A photograph of Senator Anthony C. Hill Sr. is presented, along with details on the Florida House of Representatives' passage of a resolution apologizing for the state's history of slavery.
- Florida State House Dems' move to replace black leader with white angers constituents. // Jet;02/16/98, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p40
Reports on controversy in Florida over the replacement of Representative Willie Logan as leader of the Florida State House of Representatives. The claims that Logan, who is black, was replaced by a white woman, Representative Anne MacKenzie, for racial reasons.
- Courts pleased with proposed budgets. Davis, Megan E. // Florida Bar News;4/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that according to State Courts Administrator Lisa Goodner, the budget proposals released by the Florida Senate and House of Representatives appropriations committees in April 2013, although looking a little different, leave the state courts system well-positioned.
- Bills to speed foreclosures advance in both chambers. Blankenship, Gary // Florida Bar News;4/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the progress of the bills for streamlining the residential mortgage foreclosure process in the Florida House and Senate, with both chambers adding a provision to make it easier to hire retired judges to hear cases.
- OD for Office. // Review of Optometry;Jun2010 Women In Optometry, p7
The article reports on the candidacy of optometrist Alice Sterling of Winter Springs, Florida for District 33 at the Florida House of Representatives. It notes that her colleagues in optometry and ophthalmology are supporting her endeavor. It mentions that optometrists across the state have...
- Florida Homeowner Rates To Rise. Gusman, Phil // National Underwriter / P&C;5/11/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the promise of Florida Governor Charlie Christ to sign a legislation that could raise homeowner rates in 2009. Christ has vowed to ink a legislation that increases home coverage rates up to 10% for more than one million policyholders with the state-made Citizens Insurance...
- FLORIDA: New Speaker Tossed Out. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33056, p9
The article reports on the impeachment of Florida House Speaker Ray Sansom because of his involvement on corruption controversy. Samson has undergone an investigation for allegedly funneling $35 million in state funds to Northwest Florida State College. Sansom defended that he did not do...
- House expert witness bill clears panel. // Florida Bar News;4/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on House Bill (HB) 7015, a bill that would change the standard in the evaluation of expert witnesses testifying in Florida courtrooms, headed for the floor of the Florida House of Representatives after its passage in two committees in the lower chamber.
- Florida House approves congressional districts. FINEOUT, GARY // South Florida Times;8/20/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1A
The article reports on a proposed map for 27 congressional districts approved by the House of Representatives in Florida, which has been opposed by U.S. Representative Corrine Brown citing that it could lead into disenfranchise of African American voters in the state.