HIT OR MISS
- Pa. distributes recycling grants. // Waste News;9/30/96, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p6
Reports that with the aid of the Pennsylvania 1988 Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act, municipalities received grants to help develop and expand local recycling efforts. Estimated value of the grants; Comments from Michael Lukens of the state Department of...
- Grant Awarded For GrandWalk. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/24/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p7
The article reports that the Delta Institute has been awarded a grant to launch a Rebuild Michigan program in the GrandWalk Sustainable Community. The program is designed to promote energy efficiency in communities. According to director Keith W. Cooley of the Michigan Department of Labor and...
- City ready to purchase foreclosures. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/1/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article focuses on the effort of the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan to apply for federal funding to acquire, rehabilitate, demolish, and redevelop foreclosed and abandoned homes in three sections of the city which is due on December 1, 2008. It is stated that the application is a five-year...
- Federal money for trains seeks match from states. Costello, Alison // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p14
The article focuses on the significance of federal grants to the development of the Midwest Regional Rail Initiative in the U.S. The scheme proposes allowing speeds of up to 110 miles per hour (mph) and stops in rural and urban areas in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri,...
- Nashua parkway project gets $900k from feds. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p54
No abstract available.
- Developers Head Back to the City. Murphy, H. Lee // National Real Estate Investor;Nov2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on the consideration of retailers for urban settings over the suburbs. As the credit crunch tightens, planned retail projects in suburbs have been falling a part for lack of financing. The sheer number of people are bringing retailers into the city. The key to this spate of...
- Little Town on the Prairie. Dingus, Anne // Texas Monthly;Jun2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p90
Describes the town of Albany in Texas. Amenities and population of the town; Performance venues in the area; Private grant provided by the town for high school students to have a full-time art teacher.
- Pelham Gets To The Work At Hand. Nesbitt, Bobby // Georgia Trend;Aug2004, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p59
The four-story, block-long building dominates Pelham's small downtown. Today a restaurant, a gift shop and offices for RKSA (the Regional Education Service Agency) fill part of the ground floor space while the upper three floors are empty. The building was purchased in October 2003 for $750,000...
- Local HUD Windfall. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p38
Reports on the federal local funding that will be shared by several local communities in Southern California. Emphasis on improving the economy, producing more affordable housing and helping the homeless; Value of the endowment.