Claims could get messy after huge, costly oil spill
- BP's Fight Against Pollution From Deepwater Gulf Blowout. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p70
The article discusses the clean-up of the BP PLC oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The incident happened on April 20, 2010 caused by an explosion and fire while temporarily abandoning an exploratory well. Oil began to leak into the seawater when the blowout preventer failed, spilling 5,000...
- BP report: human, mechanical errors to blame. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;9/13/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the internal investigation by BP PLC on the April 20, 2010 blowout at the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig points, which blames a series of human and mechanical errors as the cause of the incident.
- Under pressure, in the dark and all at sea. McKenna, Phil // New Scientist;5/15/2010, Vol. 206 Issue 2760, p20
The article examines how accidents during deep-water drilling operations, such as the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil disaster, can be prevented. An overview of the Deepwater Horizon drilling accident is presented which includes a discussion regarding what preventative measures could have been taken to...
- Reality Lags Behind BP's Promises About Oil Skimmers. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/ 4/2010, p4
The article discusses the report published in the newspaper "The Washington Post," highlighting the over-promised and under-delivered skimming technology developed by BP PLC. It is given that the company promised that the technology is able to skim 491,721 barrels of oil in a day before the oil...
- Dear Lord. Hightower, Jim // Progressive;Aug2010, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p46
The author reflects on the carelessness and callousness of executives of BP PLC regarding the cleanup of deepwater horizon explosion and oil spill in Gulf of Mexico in 2010. He stresses that British people, particularly politician Norman Beresford Tebbit, are mad to Americans for blaming the oil...
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Garcia, Ivan // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/17/2010, Issue 1173, p5
The article informs that the administration of U.S. president Barack Obama has urged British Petroleum (BP) to intensify relief work at the Gulf of Mexico as thousands of gallons of crude spilling everyday into the Gulf.
- BP has paid U.S. $632M for oil spill clean up. // Memphis Automotive Report;Apr2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that BP PLC has paid the U.S. President Barack Obama administration 632 million dollars for the government's cleanup costs to respond to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Failing Health for BP Cleanup Crew. // Our Planet: Weekly Newsletter of E Magazine;4/24/2011, p1
The article reports on the health problems faced by American fishermen who helped in the cleanup of the Gulf of Mexico after the deepwater horizon explosion and oil spill in the pipeline of BP PLC in the year 2010. As reported, when the oil spill happened the company hired around 10,000...
- BP has paid U.S. $632M for oil spill clean up. // Knoxville Automotive Report;Apr2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
The article reports that BP PLC has paid 632 million dollars to the U.S. President Barack Obama administration for Gulf of Mexico oil spill cleanup costs.