A Little Knowledge Goes A Long Way
- Correction: Security 500 Rankings. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2014, p14
A correction to the article on the 2014 Security 500 Rankings that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Taking a Proactive Campus Approach. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p40
The article features the security management of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The university serves 16,000 students in the main campus. The Department of Residence Life is the one tasked in providing a premier physical, social and cultural environment....
- Louisville President Increasing Security After Klan
Activity on Campus. // Black Issues in Higher Education;3/25/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the plan of University of Louisville President James Ramsey to increase security in the university in the wake of Ku Klux Klan flier distributions. Statement issued by Ramsey about the issue; Outline of the plan.
- Memo To Staff. Silk, Stephanie // American School & University;Jul2008, Vol. 80 Issue 12, special section p14
The article offers tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of all members of the security team in schools and universities in the U.S. Staff and students play a variety of roles in schools and universities which affect campus security. School staff should have knowledge of the things such as...
- Survey Says Only 18 Percent of Colleges Believe Their Security Access Control Is Effective. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the result of a survey on the perspective of the colleges and universities in the U.S. regarding the effectiveness of their security access control.
- Community Partners in Crime. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p12
The author reflects on the impact of the security efforts undertaken by Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He reveals the recognition received by the university due to its long-standing cooperative efforts with communities to improve security measures as well as lessen crime...
- Campuses take a hard stance on boosting security. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/18/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 19, p7A
The article reports on the safety measures implementing by the colleges and universities in Long Island, New York after the shootings at Virginia Tech one year ago. Local schools, including Hofstra University, Dowling College and Stony Brook University, are fine-tuning messaging systems,...
- Customized and Large Scale, Too. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p82
The article offers information on the key control and management system at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) with secure key cabinets that are networked, audited, and are accessible with an access card of employees.
- Five Best Practices. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p48
The article offers tips in identity management of healthcare facilities in the U.S. The tips include viewing identity management as part of a long-term strategy, taking a phased approach, understanding the trade-off between best-of-breed versus integrated suite, calling the doctor to get a...