Break-ins at Water Plants, Vulnerable Dams Spotlight Need for Better Defenses
- Liquid assets. Dunn, Teri // Horticulture;Apr94, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p48
Presents a sampler of water garden plants with brief descriptions. Tropical water lettuce (Pistia stratiotes); Umbrella palm (Cyperus alternifolius); Golden club (Orontium aquaticum).
- A new way to control weeds in ponds, lakes. // Landscape Management;Feb94, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p80
Presents species of aquatic vegetation which are beneficial to water features. Use of landscaping industry and in golf courses.
- The rising tide in new aquatics. Speichert, C. Greg // American Nurseryman;06/01/97, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p42
Features new varieties of water plants in the United States. `Clyde Ikens' peach-colored water lilies; Water canna with variegated foliage; Members of the sedge family of plants.
- Wetter is better. Brzuszek, Robert F. // American Nurseryman;06/01/98, Vol. 187 Issue 11, p24
Provides information on several aquatic plants. Water-edge plants; Shallow-water plants; Grasses.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART ALABAMA FACILITY SERVES CURRENT, FUTURE NEEDS. // Opflow Online;Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p36
The article presents an overview of the state-of-the-art water plant at the Opelika's W. Warner Williams Water Resource Park and its capability of serving the present and future needs of the people in Alabama.
- The Decline of Lake Plants. Stuckey, Ronald L. // Natural History;Aug/Sep78, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p66
Examines the decline of aquatic flowering plants in Put-in-Bay harbor in western Lake Erie. Changes in the abundance of the aquatic plant species; Geographical description of Put-in-bay harbor; Identification of species of submersed, floating-leaved and emersed rooted plants; Environmental...
- The photic environment of the symbiotic hydroid, Hydra viridis Glider, W. V.; Pardy, R. L. // American Midland Naturalist;Jul1984, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p196
No abstract available.
- Environment Agency wants action on dams. // Utility Week;11/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p33
The article reports that the Environment Agency has called for a review of safety legislation for reservoirs in Great Britain. Chief Executive Barbara Young said that a review of the legislation is timely because dam failures were likely to increase as a result of extreme weather events caused...
- Injecting-producing well completion technique in Wen96 underground gas storage. FU Taisen; YAO Shizhe; JI Chengxue; LI Wei // Oil Drilling & Production Technology / Shiyou Zuancai Gongyi;2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p44
The Wen96 underground gas storage is a typical depleted gas reservoir storage, which has a low reservoir pressure and large interlayer pressure difference. Simultaneously, the large thickness, big numbers and long span of perforated intervals also bring on many issues for reservoir protection...