Community Partners in Crime
- Correction: Security 500 Rankings. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2014, p14
A correction to the article on the 2014 Security 500 Rankings that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Partnering for security. // American School & University;Sep98, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p46l
Features a anti-crime program in Philadelphia that formed a partnership between the University of Pennsylvania's Police Department and contract security firm SpectaGuard. Aim to address crimes against persons on campus and in the surrounding inner-city neighborhoods; Expansion of the ...
- Network Security: Unwelcome Visitors. Goral, Tim // University Business;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p27
Offers a perspective on computer network attacks in universities and colleges in the U.S. Numerical facts regarding the occurrence of cyberterrorism in business and education; Information the Denial of Service attack; Discussion on the solutions for preventing computer crimes in campuses. ...
- Tennessee State University Beefs Up Campus Security Filed in HBCUs on March 7, 2014. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);3/13/2014, p17
The article reports on the move of Tennessee State University which implemented security measures due to the series of crimes on campus including a requirement for all students, faculty, and staff to wear identification badges.
- Taking a Proactive Campus Approach. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p40
The article features the security management of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The university serves 16,000 students in the main campus. The Department of Residence Life is the one tasked in providing a premier physical, social and cultural environment....
- Louisville President Increasing Security After Klan
Activity on Campus. // Black Issues in Higher Education;3/25/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the plan of University of Louisville President James Ramsey to increase security in the university in the wake of Ku Klux Klan flier distributions. Statement issued by Ramsey about the issue; Outline of the plan.
- Memo To Staff. Silk, Stephanie // American School & University;Jul2008, Vol. 80 Issue 12, special section p14
The article offers tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of all members of the security team in schools and universities in the U.S. Staff and students play a variety of roles in schools and universities which affect campus security. School staff should have knowledge of the things such as...
- Survey Says Only 18 Percent of Colleges Believe Their Security Access Control Is Effective. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the result of a survey on the perspective of the colleges and universities in the U.S. regarding the effectiveness of their security access control.
- Campuses take a hard stance on boosting security. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/18/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 19, p7A
The article reports on the safety measures implementing by the colleges and universities in Long Island, New York after the shootings at Virginia Tech one year ago. Local schools, including Hofstra University, Dowling College and Stony Brook University, are fine-tuning messaging systems,...