Global 2,000 Drop-Offs
- GM delivers AC traction locomotive to BN as first part of $675 million, 350-unit order. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;1/17/94, Vol. 237 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the delivery of alternating current (AC) traction locomotives to Burlington Northern (BN) from General Motors' Electro-Motive Division. Cost of locomotives; Introduction of AC traction into North American freight operations by BN; Traction as replacement for steam-powered...
- GM buys more Calif. stores, puts innovator in driver's seat. Miller, Joe // Automotive News;5/11/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5765, preceding p1
Reports on the efforts of the General Motors company to purchase and consolidate dealerships in San Fernando, California. Information on the Walter Rueff Buick-GMC company; Comments made by Mike Rueff; Insight on the market in San Fernando. INSET: GM dealership consolidation.
- GM makes a great business move to the RenCen. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;5/20/96, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p8
Opinion. Discusses General Motor's (GM) plans to buy the Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan. Disadvantage of GM moving into the Center; Expected rise in occupancy rate for downtown Detroit; Benefits associated with the acquisition; Contribution from chairman, Jack Smith.
- GM pondering consolidations in field marketing. Halliday, Jean // Advertising Age;5/11/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p4
Reports that General Motors Corp. is considering consolidating its United States field staff, which would lead to the possible mergers of its vehicle marketing divisions. Possible consolidation of other divisions as well; Reasons behind the decision; Comments.
- Just a hint of green. Ingles, J. David // Classic Trains;Spring2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p80
The article explores the formation of the Burlington Northern (BN) rail line on March 2, 1970, which was the result of the merger between the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy, the Great Northern and Northern Pacific. BN quickly plunged into its planned renumbering, and did so neatly, but was slower...
- ICC seeks shipper, carrier comments on how to handle BN-Santa Fe merger. Cawthorne, David M. // Traffic World;8/15/94, Vol. 239 Issue 7, p30
Reports that the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) has asked comments from shippers and other railroads on the proposed merger of the Burlington Northern (BN) and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroads. Time frame proposed by BN and Santa Fe in their notice of intent to seek ICC...
- Link to Delco readies Delphi for spin-off. Sedgwick, David // Crain's Detroit Business;01/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p19
Presents information on General Motors (GM) Corporation's plans to combine Delco Electronics Corporation into Delphi Automotive Systems. Offering of Delphi stock to the public in 1996; Comments from Mike Losh, GM's chief financial officer; Background information on both companies.
- Olds dealer suffers, quickly moves on. Garsten, Ed // Automotive News;3/19/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5921, p43
Reports the effect of Oldsmobile buy-out by General Motors Corp. (GM) on corporate employees in Maumee, Ohio. Inadequacy of the buy-out offer of GM; Views of several automobile dealers on the corporate buy-out; Threat of automobile dealers to sue GM. INSET: Transition strains sales manager.
- Daewoo suppliers cheered by GM's deep pockets. Hau, Louis // Automotive News;10/22/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5954, p17
Reports the signing of the agreement of the acquisition of Daewoo Motors Co. by General Motor Corp. in Seoul, South Korea. Terms and conditions of the deal; Percentage sale of Daewoo cars; Reasons for Daewoo's bankruptcy.