- Brazil's Top Retailer to Raise Investment in Store Base. // MMR;2/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p47
The article offers information on Grupo PÃ£o de AÃ§Ãºcar SA's plan to increase investment in stores and land acquisitions by 70% in the next three years in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Retailer spearheads PET recycling in Brazil. Costa, Sandra Mara // Waste News;02/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p11
Reports that retail chain Grupo Pao de Acucar SA is spearheading a campaign in Brazil to encourage consumers to recycle polyethylene terephthalate bottles. Installation of automated recovery machines in ten Extra Hipermercados stores in the Sao Paulo region; Rewarding of consumers with discount...
- Slim Pickings. // Latin Trade (English);Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the decline of mergers and aquisitions in Latin America. Decrease in the first nine months of 1999; Acquisition of retailer Pao de Acucar company by France's Casino company.
- Times Tough for Brazilian Retailers. // MMR;12/14/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p19
The article details the plan of retailer GPA SA to cut back on investments in 2016, according to chief executive officer Ronaldo Iabrudi.
- Home delivery. Borden, Keefe // Latin Trade (English);Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p87
Focuses on Brazil-based supermarket chain Grupo Pao de Acucar's online supermarkets in the cities of Sao Paulo and Brasilia in Brazil. Estimated number of people enrolled in the home delivery program; Chance for customers to buy products registered in the virtual store.
- IBM Wins 5-Yr Outsourcing Contract from CBD. // EmergingMarketsNOW;10/16/2009, p9
The article reports that International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) has signed a 5-year outsourcing contract with Brazilian supermarket chain Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD). As part of the approximately 115 million dollars agreement, CBD will transfer two data centers to an IBM...
- GLOBAL UPDATE. // Progressive Grocer;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p20
Presents news briefs on food businesses around the world. Details on a card-based loyalty program launched by Brazilian retailer Pao de Acucar; Why Japanese supermarket chain Nagasakiya filed for bankruptcy; Plan of Scandinavian retailer ICA to open stores in the three Baltic States.
- Brazilian supermarket looks too grey. // Adweek Western Edition;9/6/93, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the image-building advertisement campaign by Pao de Acucar supermarket chain in Brazil. Z+G Grey as the advertising agency; Loss of top slot to Carrefour.
- Carrefour Said Eyeing Deal With Brazilian Retail Firm. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 107, p2
The article offers information on the plan of Carrefour SA to collaborate with Brazilian retail group Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD). Groupe Casino SA, the company holding 33.7 percent of CBD's capital complained of not being informed about the negotiations between Carrefour SA and...