Can China Save GM?
- GM: Sale cut China stake but gave its partner clout. Thompson, Chrissie; Reuters // Automotive News;1/18/2010, Vol. 84 Issue 6395, p22
The article presents information on the sale of 1 percent of General Motors Co.'s 50-50 Chinese joint venture to its partner. The sale gave China's SAIC Motor Corp. a 51 percent majority stake in die joint venture with GM, which netted 85 million dollars on die deal. Kevin Wale, president of GM...
- Something lost in translation. // Automotive News;11/27/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6231, p46
The article reports that General Motors Corp.'s production partner in China, SAIC Motor Corp., launched its own brand, Roewe, for Chinese consumers last week at the Beijing auto show in Bejing, China. The name pronounced in Chinese sounds very much like "wrong way."
- Q&A with David Lindley, SAIC Motor Technical Centre, UK. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);6/19/2014, p15
An interview with David Lindley, managing director of SAIC Motor technical Centre Great Britain, is presented. He discusses background and history to the UK SAIC technical Centre's operation, overview of how the two brands' product portfolios and long-standing relationship between SAIC and...
- Murtaugh's charge: Make Ssangyong strongfor SAIC. Webb, Alysha // Automotive News;8/7/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6215, p26
The article reports on the appointment of Phil Murtaugh, the former chairman of General Motors Corp.'s China operations as executive vice president of overseas operations at SAIC Motor Corp. The company's primary overseas operation is Korean automaker Ssangyong Motor Co. The responsibility of...
- GM sells control of China venture to partner. // Automotive News;12/7/2009, Vol. 84 Issue 6389, p3
The article reports that General Motors Co. (GM) will sell one percent stake in its China car venture in order to partner SAIC Motor Corp. for dollars 85 million. The move is stated to give control to the Chinese partner over company's growing business in China. It is stated that the venture...
- GM targets bigger stake in Wuling venture. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2009, p10
The article reports on the plan of General Motors to purchase additional shares in SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, according to Chairman Hu Maoyuan of SAIC Motor Corp. General Motors is seeking to boost market share in the world's fastest-growing economy. Information is given on the automobile...
- CHINA: SAIC and Alibaba to partner in connectivity. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);8/24/2014, p12
The article presents a reprint of the article "China: SAIC and Alibaba to partner in connectivity," which appeared in the August 21,2014 issue of "Aroq-Just-Auto.com." China's automobile industry SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd. and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. become partners to offer access to a broad...
- THE WORLD'S LEADING COMPANIES. // Forbes Asia;May2010, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p65
The article focuses on the top 2,000 biggest companies in the world ranked by the "Forbes Asia" magazine, including General Motors Corp., SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd. and the company of Brazil's billionaire retailer Abilio Diniz.
- MG3 3FORM Sport 1.5. Hutchinson, Curtis // Motor Trader;Nov2013, Issue 5344, p77
The article focuses on the launched of the MG3 supermini automobile in Great Britain, offered by automobile manufacturer SAIC Motor.