Book Drive in China
- A Study on Commercially-Printed Examination Aids Published after Mid-Ming and Responses from the Government and the Public toward These Publications. Sim Chuin Peng // Hanxue Yanjiu (Chinese Studies);2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p141
Examination aids were a major type of publication during the publication boom of the mid-Ming dynasty. These aids were largely produced by commercial printing houses and were widely circulated in book markets during and after mid-Ming. These aids helped prepare candidates in two major areas:...
- Imperial Nomads (Book Review). Pulleyblank, Edwin G. // American Historical Review;Feb80, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p193
Reviews the book 'Imperial Nomads: A History of Central Asia, 500-1500,' by Luc Kwanten.
- Imperial Nomads (Book Review). Boyce, Robert L. // Library Journal;2/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p400
Reviews the book 'Imperial Nomads: A History of Central Asia, 500-1500 A.D.,' by Luc Kwanten.
- Wrapping Up a Successful Beijing International Book Fair. ZHU YEYANG // Publishers Weekly;10/5/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 40, p22
The article discusses the 22nd Beijing International Book Fair (BIBF) held in China from August 26-30, 2015. Topics discussed include book trade relations between China and other Asian countries, rise in the number of exhibitors in the BIBF, and hosting of the professional exchange events such...
- Publishing Industry Profile: China. // Publishing Industry Profile: China;Apr2013, p1
The article discusses developments in the Chinese publishing industry, including market value, category segmentation, rivalry and forecast from 2008-2017. The market grew by 11% in 2012 and is expected to have a value of 48,631.6 million dollars in 2017. The books segment posted total revenues...
- Publishing Industry Profile: China. // Publishing Industry Profile: China;5/ 1/2014, p1
The article presents the market profile of the publishing industry in China as of May 2014. Topics discussed include the 8.1 percent growth of the market in 2013 to reach a value of 33,267.2 million dollars, the projected value of the industry in 2018, the rise of online book retailers and the...
- Imperial Nomads: A History of Central Asia, 500-1500. McNeill, William H. // New Republic;3/31/79, Vol. 180 Issue 13, p31
Reviews the book "Imperial Nomads: A History of Central Asia, 500-1500," by Luc Kwanten.
- K-12 and College Publishers Look to Year Ahead For Bounce They Did Not Get in the First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;6/9/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the financial prospects of U.S. K-12 and college publishers for 2003. Direction provided by first quarter financial results; Importance of niche strength; Publishers' wariness about building textbook inventory in an uncertain market.
- More new titles launched in '91. Levin, G. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p42
Reports that despite a publishing industry recession that continued to worsen in 1991, at least 541 new magazines were launched last year, up five titles from the 536 initially reported for 1990. Final estimates from `Samir Husni's Guide to New COnsumer Magazines'; Considered the authority on...