Survey reveals business cost of flight ban chaos
- Turbulent times for airport approval. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/2/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on a survey from J.D. Power & Associates which shows that traveler satisfaction with airports descended significantly in the U.S. in 2007. It cites that travelers vented frustration with flight delays and cancellations caused by weather, air traffic and staff cutbacks. J.D....
- Ops hit by cost of flight ban. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/23/2010, Issue 2909, p4
The article reports on the cost of flight ban that hits several independent airline operators in Great Britain.
- PAL drops flights to Las Vegas. // Filipino Post;10/18/2012, p13
The article informs about the dropping of flights by Philippine Airlines (PAL) to Las Vegas of Nevada in the U.S. to eliminate unprofitable routes and introduction of new flights to Toronto, Ontario.
- Frankfurt strikes. // Travel Daily;2/20/2012, p7
The article reports on the cancellation of over 300 flights into Frankfurt Airport in Germany due to industrial action from airport workers.
- PNG blowing its top. // Travel Daily;1/24/2013, p5
The article reports on the cancellation of flights in Tokua Airport in Papua New Guinea due to the emission of ash and vapours from Mount Tavurvur volcano.
- Flight cancellations high in Jul. // Travel Daily;8/21/2013, p6
The article reports on the high rate of flight cancellations in July 2013 in Australia, wherein, nearly one in every 10 flights on the coal mining route from Brisbane and Moranbah, Queensland were cancelled, according to the on-time performance (OTP) figure issued on August 21, 2013.
- Long Flight Delays Are Common For Most Air Travelers In China. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Sep2013, p18
The article informs that China is on the top position in terms of flight delays in the air travel market of the world.
- Mexico Lowers Safety Alert Level For Popocatepetl Volcano. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;8/5/2013, p30
The article reports that Mexico has lowered the alert level of Popocatepetl volcano after its explosive activity in Mexico City which results to the suspension of flight in Mexico airlines.
- Thunderstorms And Heavy Rain In The Eastern Us Caused Flight Delays At Airports. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Aug2013, p108
The article reports on the flight delays at airports in New York City and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on July 1, 2013 due to thunderstorms, heavy rain, and low cloud cover.