NEWS IN BRIEF
- THREE LEGS GOOD? Robinson, Vanessa // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p62
The article focuses on a research which examines the effectiveness of a three-legged model including a human resources (HR) shared-service centre, centres of expertise and business partners conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain. The model has changed...
- CAPITAL IDEAS. // People Management;5/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p55
The article announces the network seminar of the public sector and reward forums of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. The seminar will take place at Manning House in London, England on May 27, 2007. The event will feature presentations by Jim Matthewman of Mercer Human Resource...
- Time to get serious over the numbers. // People Management;Mar2015, p12
The article discusses the role of human capital reporting by businesses according to a report by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) with speculation on the value of people to companies.
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;2/10/2011, p27
The article presents links and notes related to articles published within the issue, including the experience assessment, the diagnostic service number of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and human resources profession map.
- GET THE THREAD VANESSA ROBINSON. Robinson, Vanessa // People Management;2/23/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p53
The article urges members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in February 2006 to comment and share experiences related to human resources and technology, that may be used as reference for a research project being developed by CIPD in Great Britain. It also offers...
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;2/24/2011, p29
A list of the links and notes associated to the human resource articles published in this issue is presented including the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development website, HR Outlook survey, and HR profession map.
- CIPD under pressure as HR staff question its relevance. // Personnel Today;9/2/2008, p1
The article reports that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in England is under pressure, as Human Resource (HR) staff has questioned its relevance. In an opinion poll conducted by the periodical, 62% respondents said that the institute was not relevant to modern HR...
- The quest for happiness. Parker, Daney // Marketing Week;10/9/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p33
The article focuses on the importance of employees' retention within the company. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Recruitment, Retention and Turnover Report 2008 says, 86% of organisations are experiencing recruitment difficulties, 80% are having retention problems. Guy...
- Challenging year ahead for CIPD leader-in-waiting. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;10/16/2007, p14
The article presents the author's comments on recent appointment of Jackie Orme as chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). It is stated that every move of Orme will be scrutinised by the rest of the Human resorce (HR) profession. It is reported that many...