Cable Networks Stay Focused on Quality
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- Channeling Reality. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Presents information on Reality Central, a reality programming digital cable channel to be launched in the U.S. in January 2003. List of the names of the executives of Reality Central; Objectives of the network; Overview of the programming on the network.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p10
Provides news briefs related to broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Brief information about the forthcoming reality serials to be telecast on various cable television channels; Renewal of the multi-year contract of Peter Jennings with American Broadcasting Co....
- PROGRAMMING: BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p25
Presents news briefs related to cable industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Score of Chappelle's Show in its first season for a Comedy Central original series; Remodeling of reality game show of TBS Superstation, with a little help from Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse; Schedule of...
- Can AXN hit profit before reality shows lose appeal in Asia? Shuk Wa, Tsang // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/11/2003, p15
The action channel built its buzz with reality shows but the genre is starting to lose its draw. Action and adventure cable channel AXN Asia is directing resources into building a stronger brand and loyalty, after sorting out distribution and penetration issues and sewing up its programming...
- Behind the reality. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p1
Reports on VH1 cable television network's plans to launch reality television shows in early 2001. Ratings of shows in the genre; Titles of pilot programs being shot by the network; VH1's ratings for the third quarter of 2000.
- E! looks to Us Weekly for latest reality show. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;1/22/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p31
Reports on the deal between Us Weekly magazine and E! Entertainment Television in the U.S. Details on the reality television show planned by the two companies; Circulation of the entertainment magazine; Growth in the advertising revenue of the periodical.
- CABLE GREENLIGHT ON. Marechal, AJ // Daily Variety;9/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 50, p4
The article reports that several cable television networks ordered a slew of unscripted skeins, picking up new series and renewing others.
- E!-Style Reality Central Makes Play for Operators. LaFayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the creation of Reality Central, a cable television channel devoted to reality television programs. Expectations of Larry Namer, president of Reality Central, regarding the launch of the channel; Challenges facing the channel; Opportunities for marketers and cable operators from...