IP Gateways Are Gaining Steam
- Electrostatic characteristics of tether atoms in connecting organic molecules to the surface of silicon. Zhao, Peiji; Woolard, Dwight // Applied Physics Letters;8/6/2007, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p063104
In this letter, the authors analyze the electrostatic characteristics of the tether atoms connecting organic molecules onto silicon (100)-2Ã—1 surfaces, which is a key factor in the design of molecular devices for information processing and biomolecular sensing. Design principles for silicon...
- BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS. Loxton, Liz // Information World Review;Apr2003, Issue 190, p20
Presents information on the electronic engineering bibliographic database called Inspec. Background on its establishment; Marketability of Inspec content; Use of Inspec in the corporate and government sectors.
- TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT [TEME] NOW AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH ON DIALOG. // Online Newsletter;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
Describes the database on engineering Technology and Management produced by FIZ Technik. Database content; Language versions available for the database; Contact information.
- Recognition of texture types of wear particles. Laghari, M. S. // Neural Computing & Applications;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p18
Microscopic wear particles are produced in all machines containing moving parts in contact. The particles, transported by a lubricant from wear sites; carry important information relating to the condition of the machinery. This information is classified by compositional and six morphological...
- Jump Higher: Analyzing Web-Site Rank in Google. Zhao, Lisa // Information Technology & Libraries;Sep2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p108
What makes a Web site rise to the top of a search-engine retrieval? The deluge of information and the short attention spans of users have made this question vital. The research reported in this paper aims to analyze characteristics of Web sites that may have enabled them to rise to the top of a...
- Tight fit. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Aug2009, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
The article offers information on the transportation of the three Wartsila engines managed by Caribbean Heavy Lift & Transport Aruba (CHLTA) to the Aruba site in Balashi. It also offers information on the difficulty encountered by the transporters which caused to the delay of the transportation....
- STUDY OF INFORMATION-ANALYTICAL PROPERTIES OF ELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEM BY UNLINEAR CORRECTION AS TO POWER ASSIGNMENT. Khilov, V. S. // Scientific Bulletin of National Mining University;2012, Issue 4, p114
Purpose. To study the qualitative and quantitative characteristics of the exterior contour of drilling line movement electromechanical regulation system. Methodology. The system of power flow control in the face zone has been suggested. In the system the signal sent from the intensity control...
- The Rules of Tools for Rules. Udell, Jon // InfoWorld;5/19/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p46
Analyzes the pros and cons of rules-based programming. Features of QuickRules from Yasu Technologies; Information on drools, the open source Java project; Evaluation of rules application; Outlook for rule engines.
- Wearable Computing Gets Personal. // Tech & Learning;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p6
This article focuses on a small device Personal Awareness Assistant designed to be worn on a jacket lapel or collared shirt which help to recall the names of your students' parents or those colleagues you see at district meetings. Combining a speech recognition engine, two small microphones, a...