COVERING ALL BASES: Operators demand higher standards from suppliers
- Florida expo focuses on food safety, irradiation. Hayes // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the issues discussed at the Florida Restaurant Association's 1999 Food Safety Summit. Key issues affecting alcoholic beverage sales in restaurants; Food safety; Irradiation.
- Industry slams FSA for 'bad taste' food hygiene campaign. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;2/21/2002, p2
Criticizes the Food Hygiene Campaign of the British Food Standards Agency by the Restaurant Association. Views of the association on the campaign; Objective of the campaign; Budget for the campaign.
- Southern safety. Wishna, Victor // Restaurant Business;03/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p28
Reports on Florida Restaurant Association's launch of a statewide pilot program of the National Restaurant Association's ServSafe food safety training curriculum. Aim of the program; Restaurant general managers' need to be tested and certified under Florida law. INSET: NEWS BRIEFS..
- The executive report. Ryan, Christine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p15
Presents an update on the New York State Restaurant Association,Long Island chapter. Regulations requiring an original certificate of occupancy; Regulations regarding the reporting of tips.
- President's message. Marlow, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p15
Presents a message from the president of the Long Island Chapter of the New York State Restaurant Association. New members enrolled; Membership salesperson.
- New members welcome to the Long Island chapter. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p15
Presents the new members to the Long Island Chapter of the New York State Restaurant Association. Includes Amici; Art of Eating Ltd.; Atlantic Brewing Co.; Bambino DeTino; Barney's ; B&C Laundry;Ben's Deli Express; Boom Bistro.
- NCRA incensed over misused meal taxes. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;4/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the North Carolina Restaurant Association's (NCRA) enlistment of the aid of Governor James B. Hunt Jr. to address the damages created by the implementation of meal-tax measures. Comments from T. Jerry Williams, NCRA executive vice president; Use of government employees to staff the...
- Suppliers, operators rally in Okla. relief effort. Ruggles, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;5/1/95, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Describes how the 1995 Oklahoma Restaurant Association show attendees helped fire fighters, rescue workers and families in the wake of the April 19, 1995 bombing at the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, Okla. Provision of sandwiches, hot meals and drinks to the people; Remarks about the...
- NYSRA to honor Sampson at dinner. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p60
Reports on the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA)'s holding of a tribute dinner honoring Fred G. Sampson, executive director of the NYSRA.