YOGURT, ICE CREAM AND NONDAIRY: SOFT-SERVE SOOTHERS
- From the Deep Freeze. // Runner's World;Jul2013 Special Issue, p58
The article presents the commercial frozen desserts with low fat and low calories including the Sabazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Packs, the Pro Yo high protein Dutch chocolate frozen yogurt, and the NadaMoo Java Crunch.
- From the Deep Freeze. // Runner's World;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p58
The article offers information on several frozen desserts that keep fat and calories in check which include Sambazon Unsweetened Acal Smoothie Packs, NadaMoo Java Crunch and the ProYo High-Protein Dutch Chocolate Frozen Yogurt.
- Starch and Hydrocolloid Gum Formulation Considerations. Mannie, Elizabeth // Prepared Foods;Oct2007, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p69
The article discusses ways on how gums can help maintain smoothness or creaminess in frozen desserts and smoothie products. Gums are usually used at a range of 0.025 percent up to approximately 0.5 percent depending on the combination of ingredients used. Pectin, propylene glycol alginate (PGA)...
- Cappuccino drinksâ€¦ISLAND OASIS. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p61
Island Oasis offers thirteen flavors that operators can use to create non-alcoholic frozen smoothies: strawberry, pina colada, raspberry, mango, peach, banana, guava, passion fruit, hurricane, premium lemonade, vanilla ice cream, vanilla non-fat yogurt and cappuccino. Island Oasis beverage mixes...
- TCBY. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May2010, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on the nutritional value of the frozen yogurt products found at the U.S.-based retail stores of TCBY. It reveals that a small cup or 98% fat free yogurt has 180 to 260 calories, while a large cup has 300 to 430 calories. However, the no-sugar-added hand-scooped...
- New Product Review. // Dairy Foods;Apr2004, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p22
Features several dairy products in the United States. Frozen dessert from Norwegian Ice Cream Inc.; Light Yogurt Smoothie from Old Home Foods; Ice cream from Lee's Ice Cream LLC; High-protein beverage from SkylarHaley.
- Low-Carb Pioneer Adds New Items to Its Wide Range of Food Products. // Diabetes Health;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p29
Presents information on the low-carbohydrate line of ice creams and smoothies launched by Ketogenics. Ice cream flavors; Flavors of the smoothies; Retail price.
- Tropicana eyes growth for smoothies chain, opens 2 Chicago units. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p124
Reports on the business expansion of Tropicana frozen dessert products as of March 2005. Company background; Business performance; Plans for the establishment of additional smoothies chain across the U.S.
- ON THE MENU. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, pFSB10
The article provides information on several menus that will satisfy the cravings of consumers during summer. The Marble Slab Creamery dining place in Atlanta, Georgia offers the Cheesecake Summer Kick-off which is made by mixing strawberries, fudge topping and yellow cake into cheesecake ice...