Reducing fusion confusion
- Exhibition cooking goes global. Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Feb98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p52
Presents recipes for global ethnic cuisine. Thai Shrimp; Turkey Basil Sausage Risotto With Dried Cherries; Portobello Mushroom Pasta; Honey Barbecued Salmon Sates.
- A world of foods. Griffith-Roberts, Carolanne // Southern Living;Mar94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Highlights international cookery. Korean cuisine at the Woo Lae Oak restaurant in Arlington, Virginia; Indonesian cuisine at Shabang in Wheaton, Maryland; Moroccan food at The Fez restaurant in Bethesda, Maryland; Menu offerings at the Thai Amarin restaurant in Wheaton, Maryland; Brazilian...
- Savoring the world. Ellis, Jane; Zeschin, Elizabeth // House Beautiful;Mar94, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p152
Features recipes of foreign dishes prepared by cookbook author Sheila Lukins. Gravlax; Sweet dilled mustard sauce; Hot Russian borscht; Dublin corned beef and cabbage; Baby artichokes; Orange horseradish cream; Cumberland sauce; Mexican lentils with pineapple and bananas; Linzer tart.
- SPICY FARE IN SOMA. Garber, Anne; Keyes, John T.D. // Beautiful British Columbia;Fall2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, Traveller p8
Focuses on the international cuisine of restaurants in Vancouver, British Columbia. Presentation of restaurants along the Main Street; Details of the accommodations; Enumeration of bestseller menus; Price information.
- Cuisines. // Crain's New York Business;10/14/96, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p6
Looks at an education in ethnics cuisine list from `New York Personal Pursuits,' a city guide. Identification of the tours, sponsoring of the tours.
- Blending with caution. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p98
Offers advice on how to blend multi-cultural dishes with comfort foods. Hesitation of seniors to try fusion foods; Suggestions for blending American and Japanese ingredients; How infusion cooking works.
- International cuisine dominates menus at upscale Berlin restaurants. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;5/12/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the domination of the international cuisine in the restaurants in Berlin, Germany. Reflections of the food choices in global outlook; Dominance of the Turkish population with Turkish specialties; Features of several restaurants in Berlin.
- FRANCESCA. Byrnes, Brian // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/26/2008 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 151 Issue 21/22, p94
A review is offered of the Fransesca, a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Pad Thai to Falafel. SULLIVAN, LAURA // Parenting School Years;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p53
The article offers suggestions on how to introduce varied international dishes to children such as the Japanese sushi, the Thai curry, the Italian pesto and the Middle Eastern favorite, falafel.