Trying to mix cultures
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.
- Teachers Are Brands in School Food Court. // Food Management;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the strategy of Ohio County High School cafeteria to increase their sales in Ohio. Expansion of daily menu options; Branding of outlets; Reason to the sales increase.
- Teach about global cultures with worldly foods. // Curriculum Review;May2005, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p11
Presents information on the use of multicultural cooking in teaching in the U.S. Background on a cooking seminar led by chef Art Smith for students of the Chicago Public School in Illinois; Views of fifth-grader Eleanor Cory on the seminar; Preparation of international dishes in school...
- Cypress salads a big hit. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the increase in salad consumption in cafeterias at Cypress-Fairbanks Unified School District. Food service director Matthew Morgan says the district served approximately 2,000 salads per day before the new salads were added, but by the end of the year, it was averaging 3,500.
- TO BOOST COUNTS: Chesapeake schools list menu brands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the effort of cafeterias in the Chesapeake School District to list brand names on their menu as of December 15, 2002. Goal of the cafeterias with regard to the initiative; Brand names included in the menu; List of other foods introduced by the cafeterias.
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...