EYEING CENTRAL PRODUCTION: Study will determine catering growth's fate
- In schools: Profit-maker & image-builder. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p110
Reports that the key for school catering is to realize that it can be both a profit-center and provide an essential public relations opportunity for the program. Reference to Bibb County School District in Macon, Georgia, which is planning to introduce a full catering program during the 1997...
- Banishing a Stereotype. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p64
The article reports on the benefit of branding to the catering program of the Olathe School District in Kansas. Scott Kingery, director of foodservices, says branding was a way to get rid the program of the institutional school lunch image. Kingery says they branded the entire program because he...
- In Schools: A growing revenue enhancer. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Elaborates on the catering services of school districts in the United States. Comments from several food service officials; Benefits gained by the Roanoke Rapids Graded School District in North Carolina from its catering services; Items on the Gadsden Independent School District's catering menu.
- IN SCHOOLS: Buffets arise in response to cost-concerns. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p60
Focuses on the popularity of buffets in school catering in the United States. Advantages of serving buffets; Types of foods served at buffets; How caterers organize a catering event.
- 2010 Healthy Schools' Caterer with California Raisins. // Vending International;Mar2010, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on California Raisins Healthy School's Caterer competition initiated by California Raisins which aimed at promoting and improving healthy meals served in various schools in Great Britain.
- POLICING BOOZE. Moran, Dana // FoodService Director;9/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p32
The article provides an answer to a question on how to properly manage alcohol in campus catering.
- Special functions build biz. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p88
Provides an overview on catering services of several schools in the United States. Annual revenues of the Moreno Valley Unified School District in California from its catering business; Catering menus as reflection of customer perceptions; Duval County School District in Jacksonville, Florida's...
- Ariz. school dist. expands outside biz. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p108
Discusses Mesa School District in Mesa, Arizona's catering program. Annual revenues from the catering business; Average wedding caterings handled annually; Area supervisor in charge of quality assurance and catering, Terry Witkin's structuring of the catering department for maximum efficiency...
- Caterers say school meals report makes unfair comparisons. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/9/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4294, p16
Reports on the criticism of the Soil Association's 2003 "Food for Life" report, which compared the amount spent on primary school meals and the amount spent on prison meals in Great Britain, by school caterers. Difference between school and prison catering in terms of funding; Nutritional...