FOR PRODUCE, MEAT, CANNED: Prices up 2.1% as inflation continues
- Price index up 2.3%. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p98
Features the Food Service Director (FSD) Market Basket Index for the year-to-year first quarter for 1997 in comparison to 1996. Information on the wholesale price index for meats; Wholesale frozen food index.
- FSD trends & statistics. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p18
States that the `Food Service Director' periodical is planning to introduce additional features to its Web page on the Internet. Details on some of the services which will be introduced; Reasons for the additions; Information on some of the features of the Web page; Address for the site;...
- SCHRUNTEK TO RETIRE: POND STEPS UP AT FSD. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the promotion of James Pond to chief editor of the 'Food Service Director' magazine in June 2002. Plan of founding editor Walter Schruntek to retire at the end of 2002; Career background of Pond; His contributions to the publication.
- The Times, They are A-Changin'. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;4/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p53
The article offers the author's insights on the changes in "Food Service Director" magazine on sharing ideas and the goal of its editor to showcase more creative writing style in the magazine.
- The State of the Plate 2008. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
This article discusses the results of the 2008 Menu Development Survey conducted by the journal "Food Service Director." The survey indicated that the depth and breadth of ethnic foods is having a major impact on most operators' menu planning. It also found that display cooking stations have...
- FSD Goes To…Washington, D.C. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p30
In this article, the author chronicles the experience of the staff of the journal "Food Service Director" in exploring innovations in the food service industry in the Washington, D.C. area. The author begins with the food service provided to the House of Representative. She describes the menus...
- HOW COLLEGE FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
Presents information on self-operated college and university food service operations in the U.S. which participated in the 2000 to 2001 performance report of 'FoodService Director.' Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania; Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan;...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;4/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the ideas submitted to the sixth annual Steal This Idea contest of the "Food Service Director" (FSD) magazine. It says that the idea of Fernando Acuna , food and nutrition director at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital regarding the difficult time of any family in a hospital, was...
- Contractor 'Growth' Reflects Economy. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p68
The article discusses the results of a census conducted by the magazine "Food Service Director" which examined the performance of 43 food service contractors in the U.S. Based on the census, the average growth of the contractors was 1.1.%, while a few companies posted double-digit growth rates....