WHAT'S NEEDED NOW TO REDUCE: CHILDHOOD OBESITY
- Use of BMI as a measure of overweight and obesity in a field study on 5—7 year old children. Mast, M.; Langnäse, K.; Labitzke, K.; Bruse, U.; Preuß, U.; Müller, M. J. // European Journal of Nutrition;2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p61
Summary Objective The present field study examines the use of BMI in comparison with estimates of percent fat mass to screen for overweight and obesity in children. Design Cross-sectional field study. Setting Four waves of children 1996â€“1999 at Kiel, North West Germany. Subjects A...
- Facts About Childhood Obesity and Overweightness. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p52
Reprints the article `Facts About Childhood Obesity and Overweightness,' which appeared on the October 27, 1998 issue of `Fact Sheet' distributed at the Symposium on Childhood Obesity: Causes and Prevention.
- Agreeing on what's best for children. Wootan, Margo G.; Izzo, Hank // Hill;3/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p36
No abstract available.
- Childhood Obesity: Finding a More Cost-Effective Treatment Approach. // Eating Disorders Review;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
Discusses a study on cost-effective treatment approach for treating childhood obesity.
- weighty issues. Toomey, Sophie // Australian Table;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the issue of childhood obesity in Australia. Major factor in childhood obesity; Percentage of children between the ages of two and 18 that are overweight; Consequences of childhood obesity for society and individuals.
- Guidelines for Childhood Obesity Prevention Programs: Promoting Healthy Weight in Children. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
These guidelines for obesity prevention programs encourage a health-centered, rather than weight-centered, approach that focuses on the whole child, physically, mentally, and socially. The emphasis is on living actively, eating in normal and healthful ways, and creating a nurturing environment...
- Trends in Global Obesity. Cristol, Hope // Futurist;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
Deals with worldwide childhood obesity trends. Countries that have a percentage of obese or overweight children; Impact of excessive body fat on health; Treatment for obesity.
- Childhood Obesity. // Pediatrics for Parents;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p7
Details the report, 'Promoting Better Health for Young People Through Physical Activity and Sports,' by Howell Wechsler, a health scientist at the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, focused on strategies in preventing childhood obesity.
- have you heard? Guest, Jim // Consumer Reports;Jan2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p5
Introduces a series of articles on obesity in children in the U.S.