B&I: New business, action stations top the agenda
- Fast-casual chains gobble up catering biz. Morrison, Maureen // Advertising Age;4/22/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 16, p1
The article examines a trend in the chain restaurant industry in which fast-casual chains such as Popeye's, Panera and Boston Market are enjoying increased revenue from catering service.
- The Great Catering Carve-Up. Jacques, Bruce // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/04/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6172, p72
Details the work of Raymond Capdevila in the Australian catering industry. Capdevila heading a new company, Eurest Australia, formed from the Compass Group and Accor; Annual revenues of the new company; Its competition from Spotless group; Eurest's advantages in staffing and purchasing; Few...
- Corporate catering business in deep holiday slump. Albritton, Jane // Northern Colorado Business Report;12/3/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p24
The article reports on delayed effects of the global financial crisis on the corporate catering industry in Colorado. It cites the findings of the Amrop Battalia Winston's annual survey, which reveals the decline of the business. It provides insights from several executives in the industry...
- The Improving Economy and Its Impact on Caterers. // Special Events;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, pA
The article discusses the impact of the improving U.S. economy on the off-premise catering segment of the corporate events industry. Topics discussed include the willingness of clients to pay for culinary and design innovations, the trend of providing entertainment through interactive stations...
- Women Street Caterers: Gaborone's Colorful Street-Side Restaurants. Scott, Earl P. // Focus;Winter99 special issue, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on street catering in Gaborone and its economic effect to the city, capital of Botswana, located in southern Africa. Information on caravan-based caterers; Why street catering represents the informality of Gaborone's urban economy; Growth of urban street caterers.
- Lynx urges sensible buying plan. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;6/20/2013, Issue 107, p28
The article focuses on the report Market Fore-cast by the food wholesaler Lynx Purchasing that reflects on the impact of weather conditions on food prices and mentions that caterers should adopt proper buying plan to minimize the impact of inflation and should offer seafood and fish.
- Catering to growth. RIVERA, ERICA // MinnesotaBusiness;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
The article presents the profile and developmental history of the catering firm Chowgirls Killer Catering located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Topics discussed include information about the start of company in 2004 by Amy Brown as chief executive officer (CEO), information about number of...
- B&I sector shrinks as companies cut costs. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/27/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4555, p6
The article focuses on a report regarding the decline in the business and industry (B&I) contract catering sector due to caterers' dumping of vain contracts and cost savings of clients because of the recession in Great Britain. According to Mintel's report, the sector will decrease in value by...
- HOSPODÃÅ˜SKÃ RECESE A OPATÅ˜ENÃ K OMEZENÃ JEJÃHO DOPADU NA HOTELOVÃ‰ SLUÅ½BY. Košteková, Věra // Czech Hospitality & Tourism Papers;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p3
The contribution is dedicated to the economic recession, which is billed as the longest in the history of the Czech Republic, because it lasted throughout the year 2012 until the middle of this year. The first part of the contribution is focused on the analysis of the impact of economic...