COLLEGE: College mgrs. get creative in staffing events
- Caterers say employees hard to find, hard to keep. Hall, Jesse // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/28/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p27
Reports on the labor shortage within the catering industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors attributing to the current labor shortage in such industry sector; Difficulty of local caterers in filing up key positions; Disadvantages posed by the labor shortage for local catering businesses.
- Mangia Man. King, Paul // FoodService Director;4/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
The article profiles Stu Orefice, the director of dining services at Princeton University. He earned his Bachelor of Science in hotel and restaurant administration from Cornell University Born in Eastchester, New York. Aside from being a dining service director, Orefice also serves as shot clock...
- Foodservice talent will be rightly recognised. MANZOORI-STAMFORD, JANIE // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/26/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4786, p5
The article presents the author's views on the 30th annual Foodservice Cateys awards which will be attended by the employees of contract catering from Great Britain.
- Industry needs to polish own image in effort to hire brightest candidates. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p21
Editorial. Comments on the `Nation's Restaurant News' report which underscored difficulties in the labor market equation in the foodservice industry in the United States. Critical elements of the hiring equation; Type of market for the industry as far as employment is concerned; Challenges in...
- Acorn winners 2003. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p18
Presents information on the employees of the catering sector who received the 2003 Acorn Awards of the 'Caterer & Hotelkeeper' magazine. Andrew Aston; Kate Beckham; Craig Boughton; Mark Buley.
- Doin' the Lambeth lunch. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/14/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4480, p17
This article presents information on Harrison Catering Services, with specific reference to the characteristics of its workforce at Lambeth, London, England. It is highlighted that Harrison Catering staff try to reflect different cultures of the local children in the range and variety of dishes...
- Aging work force creates new challenges for restaurant industry. Marshall-Mims // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p82
Discusses the impending labor shortage in the United States' food service industry. Age range of the work force; Challenges of the industry from demographic trends.
- Is diversity the answer to labor woes? DeLuca, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p16
Editorial. Features the new organization called the MultiCultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance and the reasons for its creation. Group as a forum that aims to promote diversity awareness as an answer to labor woes, specifically in the United States food service industry; Foodservice...
- Lack of help turning table on restaurants. Podmolik, Mary Ellen // Crain's Chicago Business;10/04/99, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p4
Reveals the scarcity of restaurant employees in Chicago, Illinois. Restaurateurs' decision to offer perks and incentives to lure workers; Strong state economy as reason for the lack of manpower.