MID-YEAR: Labor & food costs top 2001 'concern' list
- Coming together. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;5/28/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p21
The article presents information on recent developments related to the restaurant industry. The author comments on the creation of The American Pizza Community, a newly formed coalition of big-name pizza companies. It is stated that the opportunity to increase alcohol sales in full-service...
- Outlook 2012: Business & Industry. Lawn, John // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/7/2012, p5
The article provides an outlook on business dining in the U.S. in 2012. Business dining reportedly suffered amid downsizing efforts by financial services and pharmaceutical companies and as uncertainty caused more employees to bring meals from home during 2010-2011. However, it is projected that...
- POWERHOUSE GROWTH CHAINS. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2003, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p37
Looks at the top 50 powerhouse restaurant chains in the U.S. for the year 2003. Increase in the sales of the hybrid fast-casual segment; Information on Rockfish restaurant; Reason behind the popularity of the Asian segment.
- Los Angeles on collision course with new franchise opportunities. SPECTOR, AMY // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p102
Focuses on the culinary business in Los Angeles, California. Franchise opportunities; Amount contributed by local business owners in 1998 to improve Los Angeles through its Business Improvement Districts.
- Membership can be a brand builder. Birchall, Colin // Wholesale News;Nov2011, Issue 11, p14
The author offers his opinion on the philosophy of some major brands in Great Britain regarding pricing, promotions and marketing for food service which he regards as incorrect, inappropriate and inefficient.
- Puff & Pao. // New York;8/22/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 29, p50
Features the Puff and Pao, a new bakery at the West Village in New York City in 2005. Range of bakery product offerings; House specialties; Growth targets and strategies.
- Industry labor supply may be revived as culinary-school enrollment climbs. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;10/4/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the study of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation about the increasing need for more workers in the U.S. restaurant industry. Estimated required number of workers, food service managers, and front-line supervisors; Efforts of restaurants to attract teen-age...
- New Sara Lee: a tasty morsel for acquirer. MACARTHUR, KATE // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p3
The article offers information on the plans of Sara Lee Corp. to separate its coffee business and the North American meat and foodservice business. It informs about the disintegration of the 20-billion dollar conglomerate which included products from cheesecake to shoe polish. It is stated that...
- NRA's performance index jumps to record level in October. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;12/8/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 49, p11
The National Restaurant Association's Restaurant Performance Index, or RPI, jumped 2.1 percent to a record reading of 102.9 in October, reflecting improvement in the current state of the industry as well as growing optimism about the future. The gain in October follows a 0.3-percent decline in...