VIEWPOINT: BUGS OUT/ONUS ON
- Keeping Take-Out Food Safe. Milliorn, Mike // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the safety of take-out foods. Avoidance of risk factors by maintaining proper temperature and reheating; Awareness of food operators on proper food safety procedures; Steps for correct observance of food safety precautions.
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p76
Features the sixth annual National Food Safety Education Month scheduled for September 2000. Participation of restaurants and food service operators; Release of an activities guide by the Foundation's Council; Selection of Marcel Desaulniers as chairman of the food safety education campaign.
- It's Time for a National, Coordinated Approach to Addressing Food Safety. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
Comments on the aspects of food safety in the U.S. Remarks on the number of illnesses connected to food safety incidence in food service; Accounts on the cases of food safety sabotage; Awareness of hospitals on the issue of food safety.
- To KeepFood Safe, Serve It Safe. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p84
Presents some general guidelines on how food service operators can store, display and serve food products at temperatures that will keep them safe sanitary at all times. Proper holding guidelines for cold and hot foods; Guidelines for servers and kitchen staff; How to serve food safely.
- How to develop a food safety program. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p66
Presents tips for developing a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety program. Importance of food safety programs for food service operations; Evaluation of establishment's commitment to food safety; Evaluation of existing education and training programs; Evaluation of...
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p100
Provides information on the efforts of the food service industry to promote food safety. Education campaigns on food safety; Theme of the Annual National Food Safety Education Month for year 2000; Public awareness in the proper food handling procedures.
- Customer satisfaction: Food safety. Strauss // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p108
Cites the United States foodservice industry's commitment to food safety. Celebration of National Food Safety Education Month; Promotion of food-safety education and training among restaurant workers; Public awareness about safe food-handling procedures at home; Food-safety certification;...
- International Food Safety Congress: Education in proper techniques can stamp out food-borne illness. Farquharson // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p32
Comments on food-safety issues. Need to educate employees in proper food handling techniques; International Food Safety Council's hosting of the International Food Safety Congress 2000 in Orlando, Florida.
- BY AUDITING SUPPLIERS: ENSURING SAFE SUPPLIES. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
Discusses the role of food safety and sanitation in the purchasing and receiving of food supplies. Increase in the number of food service operators who audit their vendors as of June 2002; Details of proper food auditing; Factors related to food safety issues.