FOR STUDENT DRIVEN FOCUS: U.-Nev. honors Chartwells
- UNR to Launch Its Own Farm to Supply Produce for Its Kitchens. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/19/2012, p2
The article reports on the farming plans being considered by the University of Nevada at Reno (UNR) for the benefit of its dining services and food service outlets.
- Powerful Persuader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article features Russ Meyer, associate director of residential life, housing and food services for University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) and his efforts to make the university a Center of Excellence. Before Thanksgiving 2005, Chartwells College and University Dining Services, a division of...
- Nevada-Reno Goes into Farm Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the University of Nevada at Reno has launched High Desert Farming Initiative that aims to grow its own produce to benefit the university's dining services.
- Back on the homefront: New kids in town. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p50
Reports on the rising competition among contract foodservice companies in the United States. Entry of international companies to the domestic market; Compass Group's introduction of a British operating company and two concept brands in the United States; Remarks from Mike Bailey, the chief...
- Piecing together an empire. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p48
Reports on the creation of a foodservice empire by the Compass Group PLC in the United States. Strategy to become the largest food management company in the world; Lesson of the competitors from the purchase of Canteen Corp.; Success of Compass executives in building the influential contract...
- Compass/USA launches Profiles in Good Taste. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p16
Presents information on the launch of `Profiles In Good Taste,' by Compass Group USA to accounts in the United States and the United Kingdom. Comments made by Mike Kiser, vice president of merchandising for the Charlotte, North Carolina-based contractor and primary architect of the program;...
- Compass grows worldwide. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the financial performance of British food service operator Compass Group PLC in 1998. Worldwide revenue; Profits in North America; Factors for financial growth.
- WHAT CLIENTS ARE LOOKING FOR: BRANDED UNITS BUILD CONSUMER CONFIDENCE. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the significance of branded food service to Compass Group's food and beverage offerings. Launch of the Ritazza coffee in a Canteen account; Franchise agreements established by the group; Basis for brand placement.
- Compass re-studies vending. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p34
Announces that foodservice contractor Compass Group USA has re-analyzed their vending segment in order to improve quality and provide greater variety to the customer.