INCLUDING MILK MACHINE PILOT: Congress presses for milk test
- School milk campaign meets Brussels chief. // Dairy Industries International;Dec96, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the discussions between the School Milk Campaign and the head of the European Commission's School Milk Subsidy Scheme pertaining to the proposed national milk scheme in Great Britain. Promotion of school milk; Provision of refrigerated milk vending machines for schools.
- WHAT FARMERS CAN DO TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCT. Relf, Tim; Gates, Tessa // Farmers Weekly;5/24/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 21, following p93
Offers advice for farmers on promoting school milk in Great Britain. Importance for farmers to have knowledge about the nutritional value of milk; Expansion of the free and subsidized milk scheme; Information on the campaign effort of East Sussex farmer Roger Fox well.
- FW READERS BOOST MILK IN SCHOOLS. Gates, Tessa // Farmers Weekly;2/14/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 7, following p94
Highlights the School Milk Matters campaign in England. Rate of school milk consumption; Winners of prizes.
- U.S. to Pay for Milk Powder Donation in the Philippines. // Dairy Foods;Jun2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the United States government's provision of powdered milk to the Philippines to be used to feed hungry children. Number of underfed public school children in depressed areas of the country who will have access to free milk as a result of the grant; Statement made by Philippine...
- Free milk program won't face cutbacks. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE670
The article reports that the government of Great Britain has withdrawn its plan to remove the free milk program for schoolchildren.
- Self-serve soda... // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a newly developed vending machine that can dispense 18 flavors of soda into customers' own empty one- and two-liter plastic soda bottles. Currently being tested in some supermarkets; Self-cleaning; Rinsing of empty bottles; Direct recycling of used bottles.
- ...And really fresh fries. // Current Health 2;Nov92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Describes a new vending machine that uses dehydrated potato dough and hot canola oil to cook fresh french fries right in the machine. A dollar cost of about 33 hot fries dispensed within one minute; Current tests on military bases worldwide.
- Pass the fries. // Current Health 1;Nov92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Discusses a new vending machine that makes fresh french fries in about one minute. Potato dough and hot oil; Cost of about 33 fries; Use on military bases.
- Around the vend. Frisancho, Jorge // Beverage World;Feb96, Vol. 115 Issue 1608, p54
Looks at the trickier side that drink vending machines have to them. Description of this trickier side; Information on the vending business; Problems of vending business; Comments from offiicials; Examination of the history of vending business; Comments from Tim Sanford, executive editor of...