OVERALL SALES UP 10%-15%: BellSouth take-out grows to 20% following facelift
- Carping continues over BellSouth's plans. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/18/97, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Examines the plans by BellSouth Corporation in forming a subsidiary to offer phone service as a local competitor. When the intentions of BellSouth was announced; Uncertainty by Americans for Competitive Telecommunications (ACT) president, Mark Phigler; Suggestion as to why BellSouth wants its...
- News of the week. // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p7
Reports that BellSouth Small Business Services has launched a `Small Business District' World Wide Web site. Access to the site; Information and services offered.
- BellSouth debuts Internet access service. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;9/02/96, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p12
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s launch of its BellSouth.net service for residential and small business customers in New Orleans, Louisiana and Atlanta, Georgia. Internet access prices; Vendors involved; Expansion plans.
- ADSI on the rise. Yarbrough, Terry; Andreasen, Lois // Telephony;9/02/96, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the success of BellSouth Corp. with its analog display services interface. Capabilities; Role of BellSouth and Northern Telecom in the development and introduction of ADSI protocol; Applications.
- BellSouth targets next generation. Davis, Stephania H. // Telephony;11/03/97, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p52
Features BellSouth Corp.'s Teen Line Pack, the first in a series of telecommunications services targeted at the specific lifestyles and needs of consumers. Market availability of the product; Price; Provision of a second line for the home; Targeting of students 12 to 17 years old.
- BellSouth gets aggressive about DSL. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;05/25/98, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p8
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s plans to offer asymmetrical digital subscriber line service in different markets in the United States. Data capacity of the planned service; Monthly service charge rate; Agents of the service offering.
- BellSouth snares Sao Paulo. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Provides information on the $2.5 billion mobile telephone license that was won by the Bulgarian Communist Party and led by the BellSouth Corporation for Sao Paulo, Brazil. Comments from the BIA International's director Edward Czarnecki; Comparison between BellSouth Coporation license and other...
- BellSouth signs Cellemetry users. // RCR;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p40
Reports that BellSouth Corporation's Cellemetry Business Unit has signed five carriers to provide its Cellemetry Data Service. Names of the carriers; Reference to BellSouth's completion of certification trials with AerComTec International Incorporated.
- Telecommunications link. // American Printer;Nov96, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p12
Reports that BellSouth is introducing two services for the prepress industry--FileXchange and RemoteRevu. Aim to increase productivity and reduce costs; Capacity for all involved parties to exchange graphical files and collaborate on-line during the creative and production cycles of a project;...