SAYS ASFSA OFFICIAL IN CHAT: Bill could give school f/s clout
- Scotland bans sweets and fizzy drinks in schools. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/4/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4496, p6
The article announces the plan of the Scottish government to ban the sale of sweets, chocolate and fizzy drinks in schools in 2008. Under the School (Health and Promotion and Nutrition) Act of 2007, sweets and fizzy drinks will be removed from canteens and vending machines in schools. Schools...
- Congress OKs compromise child nutrition reauthorization. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Cites the key aspects of a compromise child nutrition reauthorization bill approved by the United States Congress. Age and date restrictions; Single comprehensive program for meals and meal supplement; Nutrition Education and Training; Provisions sought by American School Food Service...
- Michelle's meals turn off the kids. Wasson, Erik // Hill;5/21/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 60, p1
The article offers information on the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 and the conflict between U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama and the House Republicans on the negative reception of the act's implementation among schools and their students.
- Child Nutrition. // ED Review;2/19/2010, p3
The article discusses the reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Act of the U.S.
- Districts Making Healthy Strides but Need Equipment. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on a study of Healthy, Hungry-Free Kids Act conducted by the Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project which indicated that 86% of schools in the U.S. are serving healthy meals.
- SNA asks Congress to increase funding and flexibility. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/9/2015, p2
The article reports on the request by the School Nutrition Association for the U.S. Congress to pass a strong Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill providing more funding and flexibility to offer healthy and appealing meals for students prior to the expiration of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act...
- Child Nutrition Act: Time for Reform. // Good Medicine;Winter2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on reforms for the Child Nutrition Act. The legislation, which will undergo reauthorization in 2009, determines the type of foods to be served in the National School Lunch Program. The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is working on initiatives to ensure...
- Program provides nutritious meals for kids during long summer. Kight, Fred // Athens News;6/27/2016, p26
The article features the Summer Food Service Program operated by Hocking Athens Perry Community Action's (HAPCAP) Southeast Ohio Foodbank and Kitchen. Topics discussed include the goal of the program which is to provide the nutritional needs of hungry children during summer by serving healthy...
- Child Nutrition Act of '04 gets Bush, ASFSA O.K. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p42
Provides information on the provisions needed for the implementation of the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, a program aimed to distribute free fruit and vegetable snacks to school children signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Volume of peach and pineapple products that...