90% MADE-TO-ORDER: Va. hosp. adopts room service
- The preferences and quirks of hotel guests. // Lodging Hospitality;Jan97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p16
Presents the results of a survey on hotel guests in the United States regarding their room service preferences.
- Officials project 45.9% boost in bed tax dollars. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;08/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p1
Reports on an increase of the hotel occupancy tax collection of the city of Fortworth, Texas, along with its growing reputation as a tourist destination. Projection of 45.9 percent increase for 1997-87; What the 7 percent tax on hotel room nights is allocated to.
- Family travel contributes to increase in roomnights. Shifflet, Douglas; Bhatia, Pawan // Hotel & Motel Management;2/3/97, Vol. 212 Issue 2, p16
Reports that family travel has contributed to the increase in family roomnights. Influence of non-conventional leisure roomnights; Figures on the family travel for business and special events; Decline in the percentage of leisure guests in hotel travel clubs.
- New twist on room service. Welch, Dawn // Shape;Apr95, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p26
Reports on hotels which offer exercise machines through room service.
- Inconsistent menu prices hard to digest. Marshall, Athony // Hotel & Motel Management;6/6/94, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the author's observations concerning inconsistent room service menu prices at hotels. Blessings of room service; Difference in prices of the same items in the room service menu and breakfast-order card; Author's stay at the Governor Morris Hotel and Conference Center; Sign of sloppy...
- Boulder hotel will reopen fabled rooms. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;05/14/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p3
Reports the opening of additional hotel rooms in Boulder Dam Hotel in Boulder City, Nevada. Renovation of the rooms; Budget of the renovated rooms; Rate of room service.
- Special Delivery. Hayes, Linda // Ski;Feb2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p39
The article focuses on the room service offered by various hotels across the U.S.
- Hotels adding amenities once designed for offices only. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/14/95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increasing incorporation of office amenities in room service facilities of Louisiana-based hotels. Improvements on the French Quarter's telecommunications system; Installation of a voice-mail system at Windsor Court Hotel; Influence of the number of business travelers using the...
- Room service. Scoviak, Mary // Interior Design;June97, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p170
Reports that in the casino hotel industry, guest-room design has changed in response to what customers want. Most basic change cited with new properties; Concern on how far design should go in meeting the needs of the business traveler; Growth of this in-room business package to casino resorts;...