IN SANTA MONICA MIDDLE SCHOOL: SALES SOAR ON SUSHI DAYS
- AVERAGE 125 DAILY: Students sample sushi in CA H.S. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the Las Virgenes School District in Calabasas, California is testing a pre-packaged sushi luncheon at the Calabasas High School. Reaction of the students; Features of the package.
- School District Dishes Up Sushi. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article deals with the addition of sushi to the Ã la carte menu at the high schools of Jeffco Public Schools in Golden, Colorado.
- TIMES ARE CHANGING: (FOR REAL). Hogan, Kevin // Tech & Learning;Nov2012, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p6
The article provides information about the educational tours of the Merit Prep Charter School in Newark, New Jersey and the John Adams Middle School in Edison in 2012.
- Kids Gleeful for Sushi. // FoodService Director;2/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p54
The article discusses the growing popularity of the Japanese dish sushi among the young people. It cites the serving of sushi in high school cafeterias following the roll out of three types of sushi in Miami Dade County Public Schools namely the Cali-Ocho Roll, Veggie roll and the Sweet 'N...
- Football and Sushi? // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the addition of sushi to the menu for the high school students in the Southlake Carroll Independent School District in Texas. In September 2008 the high schools, which are not a part of the National School Lunch Program, began offering three types of sushi for $4. Mary...
- Sushi's Star Power. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p38
The article considers how popular sushi has become in the U.S. foodservice industry. A Kikkoman study conducted in January 2005 revealed that less than one-quarter of the U.S. adults had eaten sushi. But in 2006, there are about 9,000 sushi bars across the country. Foodservice operators indicate...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.