TO BOOST CAFETERIA SALES: HOSP. DISCOUNTS SR. MEALS
- The curtain goes up in North Dakota. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;10/30/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p34
Discusses the conflict between Dakota Clinic and Dakota Heartland Hospital in Fargo, North Dakota which resulted to the severance of their partnership. Background of the dispute; Factors which led to the separation.
- Not-for-profit keeps clout in N.D. deal. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;1/9/95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the Dakota Heartland Health System, a hospital formed from a merger of the Heartland Medical Center and the Dakota Hospital of North Dakota. Trend toward joint ventures between non-profit and for-profit organizations; Details of the deal between the two hospitals.
- New spring menu blooms at Wild Orchid Cafe. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p45
Reports on Mount Laurel, N.J.-based Wild Orchid Cafe's spring menu. Food offered; Cost.
- Cafeterias struggle as market dwindles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the state of cafeterias in the United States for 1995. Cafeteria's financial losses; Increase in capital expenditures; Retrenchment; Cafeteria companies' downsizing of its units; Advertising and merchandising strategies.
- All roads lead to Vegas. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;6/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the opening of the Coyote Cafe and the Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas. Rumors of Stars' opening in the Las Vegas area; Denial by Jeremiah Tower of Stars.
- Bistro Gestalt. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p138
Narrates how La Coupole Cafe was able to solve the problem of hurried diners during lunchtime. Entire three-course meal's arrival on the same plate; Five different whole-meal combinations; Early preparation.
- Such a deal. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p122
Reports that Los Angeles, California-based Sonora Cafe has introduced the Monday Night Wine Fiesta as a way to boost business on an off-night. Range of wines on offer.
- Johnny's Round Top. Thompson, Helen // Texas Monthly;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p98
Describes the colorful history of Johnny's Round Top cafe in Big Spring, Texas. Rotating roof; Impact of a lightning strike to the roof; Closing in 1989.
- That Motown sound. J.R. // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Nov97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p9
Feature the Las Vegas Motown Cafe, which was opened on January 3, 1997. Statements from John Nasshan, of Audio Associates company; Information on the design of the Cafe by Audio Associates; Description of Motown Cafe.