NEW BUSINESS, LESS LABOR: Interest in convenience store rises at Mellon Bank in Pitt
- Mellon creates ATM card for companies. Lunt, Penny // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p59
Reports that Mellon Bank is offering automated teller machine cards to companies for corporate disbursement of salary, commissions and incentive pay in the United States. Accountability for the special account.
- Mellon raises quarterly dividend by 47.... // American Banker;11/17/93, Vol. 158 Issue 220, p2
Reports on the increase in quarterly common stock dividend of Mellon Bank Corporation. Provision of added value for stockholders; Reflection of the company's success; Acquisition of shares at market value with purchases made starting January 1994.
- EFTI banking network selects Mellon as supplier of Visa debit card services. Piskora, Beth // American Banker;10/6/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 193, p12
Reports on the selection of Mellon Network Services as preferred vendor of Visa Check card services for the EFTI electronic banking network.
- Mellon's board authorizes stock buyback. // American Banker;10/21/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 202, p2
Reports on Mellon Bank Corp. board's authorization of the bank's repurchase of shares. Addition of shares to treasury shares; Plan to make repurchase in the open market; Common shares outstanding as of September 30, 1993.
- Mellon's office consolidation in L.A. seen as signal of West Coast push. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;9/24/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 183, p4
Reports on plans by Mellon Bank Corp. to consolidate the oversight of most of its West Coast businesses into one building in downtown Los Angeles, California. Services offered by Mellon in the West Coast region; Total assets held; Number of employees in California; Response of banking analysts...
- Mellon offers suppliers deal to accept cards. Coulton, Antoinette // American Banker;2/7/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p10
Reports that Mellon Bank Corp. is selling payment processing services at a discount. Efforts to entice more corporate vendors to accept purchasing cards; Market for purchasing cards.
- Mellon accepts personal assets to secure 5-year credit line. Allen, James C. // American Banker;1/31/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p9
Reports on Mellon Bank's latest financial product, the Business Builder line of credit. Amount of revolving credit granted; Term of the loan; Need to update financial statements; Updating the loan with interest payments; No. of points above the prime rate; Use of focus groups in developing the...
- Network management: Briefs. // Communications News;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p54
Reports on Mellon Bank's testing of the Internet for use at its Dreyfus Fund subsidiary.
- Mellon seeks money management presence in Europe. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;3/11/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 47, p11
Reports that Mellon Bank Corporation plans to establish a money management in Europe. Comments from Christopher M. Condron, vice chairman of Mellon Bank Corporation; Aims of an European venture; Reference to the performance of Mellon in Brazil.