SODHEXO FEEDS FUTURE: Summer feeding program grows by 40,000 this year
- Yah boo to a Daily Mail myth. Hari, Johann // New Statesman;9/23/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4606, p24
Offers information on Kids' Company, a charity serving offspring of poor, dysfunctional families in London, England. Brief history; Attributions to the growth in the number of children from poor, dysfunctional families; Services offered to children.
- Member news. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;7/26/2011, p33
The article focuses on the significance of the Action for Children's report entitled "Impact report 2011," which demonstrates the effect of the charity's services to the lives of the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people in Great Britain.
- Japanese philanthropists hide behind masked manga heroes. Nicolaysen, Lars // Asian Pacific Post;1/27/2011, p13
The article reports on the spread of charitable contributions made by anonymous philanthropists, who identified themselves with anime and manga heroes, to institutions for poor children in Japan.
- SHAKIRA'S PROMISE. Laudadio, Marisa // People;12/10/2012, Vol. 78 Issue 24, p122
The article profiles singer Shakira, discussing the work she has done with her Pies Descalos Foundation in Colombia and its U.S. equivalent, the Barefoot Foundation, to help impoverished children in countries like Colombia, Haiti, and South Africa receive education and employment.
- Volunteers Needed to Knit and Crochet for Charity. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/19/2016, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p12
The article focuses on the charity event 20th annual Crochet & Knit-A-Thon (CKAT) to be held on December 14, 2016 that collects winter clothing for the organization Children's Home + Aid; and also offers registration information for participation of crafters.
- HOPE RISING. Goodson, Audrey // Earnshaw's Review;Jul2011, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p32
The article focuses on the Kids in Distresses Situations (K.I.D.S.) organization. It states that the organization started in 1985 where in they donated 600,000 dollars worth of relief products to the suffering children in Ethiopia and the mudslide victims in South Africa. It also says that the...
- Ronald McDonald House Charities "Calls for Kids". // Tennessee Tribune;4/11/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p9A
The article focuses on the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville which has produced the television program "The Calls for Kids Telecast" to support poor children in Tennessee.
- SOCIOLOGY. // America;6/26/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p303
The article presents information on the Child's Protectorate of Nakedness and Need, which was organized by the Benevolent Association of Burgos, Spain among children of well-off families of the community. The organization hopes that poor children will receive protection and members from...
- Charity targets 2 schools for holiday giving. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/5/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 52, p34A
Focuses on a Plainview, New York charity called Jocelyn's Operation Holiday Spirit, founded by Jewish insurance agent Joseph Raab. Activities in public schools in the Bronx and Queens; Granting of the Christmas wishes of poor children; Use of a percentage of funds raised to provide teachers...