GOT THE GOLD: Jud Flynn takes top prize in NACUFS chef challenge
- Virginia Tech Chef Earns Silver. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p70
Details the awards received by executive chef Jud Flynn at the 2000 International Culinary Olympics held at Elfurt, Germany. Description of the Olympics; Details on the winning entry of Flynn; Career background.
- GM HOLDS BAKING SEMINAR. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p125
The article reports on the baking seminar conducted by General Mills Corp. during the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Continental Region baking seminar, which was held at the company's headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The firm's corporate chef Scott...
- Students' activism, allergies top agenda at NACUFS confab. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
The article highlights the annual conference of the National Association of College & University Food Services in Toronto, Ontario. The social pressure put by politically active college students who are pressing for their vision of fairer treatment of on-campus foodservice workers and the...
- It's 6 p.m. Do you know where your kitchen is? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on a number of recipes and products which can be prepared in a limited amount of time. Details on sodium phosphate; Identification of time-saving products; Information on packaged foods; Ingredients for the recipes; Preparational information for the recipes; Nutritional...
- Wonderslim launch set. // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p42
Reports that a small California start-up company plans to introduce Wonderslim, a product it calls `a revolutionary fat substitute for baking.' Made from dried plums and vegetable extracts; Will be marketed by Natural Food Technologies; Company founder Charles Stad; Retained Brigham Scully...
- 10 minutes to a healthy breakfast // Body Bulletin;Feb1993, p2
Offers five quick and healthy ways to get the food you need for a balanced breakfast. Feel your oats; Keep your sunny side up; Take a spud to breakfast; Wake up and smell the compote; Say ole to a new day; Includes tips and recipes; Details.
- Simple soups & stews. // Body Bulletin;Jan1994, p3
Gives several soup and stew recipes that are low in calories and easy to prepare. Hearty vegetable-beef soup; Sausage-apple & sweet potato stew; Turkey stew Italiano; Companions for one-pot meals; More.
- American classics revisited. // Body Bulletin;Feb1994, p2
Lists several recipes for the month of February. Easy microwave lasagne; Skinny mac & cheese; New age green bean bake; Easy chicken pot pie; Ingredients; Calories and fat per serving; More.
- Great balls of fire! Bank, Joseph // Bicycling;Mar1993, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p82
Presents a recipe for a homemade version of commercial energy bars. A fig-based energy food; A healthful mix of carbohydrate, protein and fat; Includes nutrients like potassium, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin; More.