PROTEST UPHELD: MARINE CORPS F/S CONTRACTS DELAYED
- AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the United States Marine Corps is consolidating several food service contracts that cover garrison feeding at its bases and stations and replace traditional cook-serve production with centralized cook-chill systems. Number of its bases and stations; Purpose of the consolidation.
- DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Discusses several factors differentiating foodservice management in the United States Marine Corps and military from other market segments. Food service distribution; Preparation of food under the guidelines stipulated in the Armed Forces Recipe Card Service; Lack of revenue-generating...
- The Leathernecks Get a Birthday Bash. // Food Management;Dec2003, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p8
The article discusses proceedings of the 228th birthday of the United States Marine Corps in the U.S. Sodexho USA, foodservice provider, had prepared a cake weighing six and a half tons, and a special menu for the occasion. The menu selections have evolved over the years, and each has a special...
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.
- Sodexo Lands Marines Deal. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Marine Corps had selected Sodexo SA as the provider of food services at 20 Marine Corps mess halls on the West Coast for seven years.
- Marines' recruitment of Sodexho marches along. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the partnership between the food service firm Sodexho and U.S. Marine Corps. Total amount of the contract; Benefits of the relationship for the group; Terms of the contract.
- MAKING IT WORK: Cooking and chilling in the 21st Century. VanNortwick, Mary // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p88
Focuses on cooking and chilling operations in the foodservice industry. Ways to measure productivity in cook-chill operations; Benefits of cook-chill operations; Outcome of a cook-chill system implemented by the United States Marine Corps.
- Upon further review, Marines uphold Sodexho food contract. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p20
Reports that the Sodexho Inc., the U.S.-based arm of the French contract firm Sodexho Alliance will keep previously contested contracts to provide foodservice for mess halls at all Marine Corps bases in the U.S. Problems related to claims made by other bidders on the failure of the Marine Corps...
- Sodexho forms student board, debuts campus program at U.S. college accounts. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;9/5/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p26
Reports on the formation of a student board of directors at the Campus Services Division of food service operator Sodexho USA in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Number of students in the board; Features of the Customenu; Understanding of customers' needs, tastes and preferences.