AT WASH. & LEE UNIV.: Greek plan seeks sales
- W&L Dining Services hosts record numbers for 250th anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/03/99, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p18
Reports on Washington & Lee University Dining Services department's hosting of record numbers for its 250th anniversary in April 1999 with a buffet dinner at the school site in Lexington, Virginia. Number of people served at dinner; Menu offerings at the dinner hosted by alumni Roger Mudd and...
- Washington and Lee removes Rebel flags from chapel. Rowland, Tim; Rowland, Beth // America's Civil War;Nov2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that Washington and Lee University has removed Rebel flags from Lee Chapel after a group of African-American law students protested that its presence was unwelcoming to minorities.
- Washington and Lee University. // American School & University;Nov98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p202
Cites the award-winning architecture of the Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. Architectural firm; Design team; Capacity; Space per student; Total cost; Cost per square foot; Completion; Design goal.
- Get smart: Make the most of summertime meals. Walsh, Juli // Environmental Nutrition;Jul95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p2
Offers nutritional advice on summertime meals. Advice on the consumption of hot dogs and beer; Alternative to eating grilled hamburger and potato salad; Avoidance of food purchased from vending machines.
- Shopping savvy. Galeaz, Kim // Shape;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p110
Presents the Supernutritious Supermarket Meal Plan. Recipes for a week; Diet tips; Alternative eating.
- Planners relish cheaper, easier meals. Warner, Melanie // Crain's New York Business;8/7/95, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p25
Focuses on conference meal planning as an exercise in culinary diplomacy. Clients opting for simpler meals; Looking for added value in meal planning; Willingness to spend more for higher quality or greater variety; Creativity of hotels and caterers in developing dining styles; Chicken as number...
- How to get a head start on meals. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Jul97, Issue 239, p108
Provides information on how to solve meal preparation problems. Suggestions in meal preparation; How to organize the kitchen.
- Old-school thinking. Stachura, Mike // Golf World;9/20/2002, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p18
Reflects on the debate over the members of Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia by juxtaposing it with the debate on admitting undergraduate women in the all-male Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. Characteristics of the university; Comparison between dispute within the golf...
- The Washington and Lee Design. Ellis, F. L. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;3/27/2009, Vol. 204 Issue 13, p20
The article discusses the efforts of Roy J. Grimley, a member of the class of 1921 at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and his committee to secure a stamp in honor of the university's 200th anniversary.