Taking a Byte out of Memory
- The Cloud Comes Down to Earth. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2011, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p30
The article focuses on the utilization of cloud computing in enterprise security, including video surveillance. It says that cloud computing can be used through hosted service, software as a service, and infrastructure as a service, and offers advantages and disadvantages. Moreover, it has...
- Markt wÃ¤chst und polarisiert. // Die Bank;jun2013, Issue 6, p58
The article discusses cloud computing in Germany, particularly in businesses.
- POINT CLOUD SERVER (PCS) : POINT CLOUDS IN-BASE MANAGEMENT AND PROCESSING. Cura, Rémi; Perret, Julien; Paparoditis, Nicolas // ISPRS Annals of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing & Spatial Informa;8/19/2015, Vol. 2 Issue 3-W5, p531
In addition to the traditional Geographic Information System (GIS) data such as images and vectors, point cloud data has become more available. It is appreciated for its precision and true three-Dimensional (3D) nature. However, managing the point cloud can be difficult due to scaling problems...
- Could You Store All Your Company Data On Your iPhone? Doutriaux, Edouard // Database & Network Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses about data storage and storage services like cloud and various other storage providers. Topics included are cost of storage, the security threat in saving data with storage providers and security credibility. Also mentioned is the storage service by Dropbox and fast...
- Cloud computing provides business benefits. Delore, Traci // Business Journal (Central New York);12/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p6
The article presents the benefits of cloud computing to businesses in the U.S. such as keeping data and information safe.
- GIS in the Cloud. Fairall, Jon // Position Magazine;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 56, p34
The article discusses the issue of potential application of cloud computing in geographic information systems (GIS) industry in Australia. It says that cloud computing involves the transmission of computing infrastructure to the Internet. The author identifies policy related to the security and...
- Will the cloud rain on my parade? Belicove, Mikal E. // Entrepreneur;Aug2013, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p40
The article examines the benefits and drawbacks of using cloud computing technology for a company, exploring why cloud storage systems are not as cost-effective in the long term as they seem, the amount of electricity it takes to run cloud data storage systems, and the difficulty associated with...
- Reshaping the Organizing Vision of Cloud Computing: How the Snowden Revelations Affected Stakeholder Action. Acs, Andrea // iSChannel;Sep2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p18
The recent revelations of government surveillance in the United States by Edward Snowden have had a profound effect on attitudes towards and perceptions of privacy. Given that this area of technology is highly privacy-sensitive and that the market is dominated by US companies and their local...
- Return of the cloud. Poggio, Frank // Modern Healthcare;3/11/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Healthcare Lags in Moving to the Cloud, Survey Finds," in the February 13, 2013 issue.