Stop Nuisance Alarms!
- Video and Access Control Integration Can Provide an Edge. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p82
The article assesses that the integration of video surveillance and access control protection can provide an advancement towards security protection. According to the author, several central stations are adding this technology needed to monitor video and alarm systems for their customers. The...
- Access-control Systems. O'Leary, Tim // Sound & Video Contractor;Nov2006, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p38
The article introduces several access-control and security systems, including the Reg-L1 DHC-imaging license-plate capture system from Extreme CCTV, Honeywell's Vista-20P alarm system and Kaba's E-Plex 2000 access-control system.
- Reserving judgment on IDS death. Dix, John // Network World;7/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p32
Editorial. Comments on the demise of the intrusion-detection systems. Difference of role from other security components; Popularity of intrusion detection systems.
- Intrusion battleground evolves. Yocom, Betsy; Brown, Kevin // Network World;10/8/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p53
Focuses on the intrusion detection system in hybrids of network-and server-based products and price fall. Details on the encrypted connection of host-based systems; Analysis of data ID system; Need to filter out false-positive alarms.
- Personal alarm can mean safety first. // Farmers Weekly;9/6/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on the use of personal alarm systems in farms. Features and capabilities of the alarm systems.
- ALARM SYSTEM USES MULTIPLE COMMUNICATION PATHS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p164
The article evaluates the 7845GSM dual-path alarm system from Honeywell Inc. and offers information of key features, specifications and applications.
- AVERAGED BINARY SPARSOGRAM FOR WILDLIFE INTRUDER DETECTION. GRAMA, Lăcrimioara; RUSU, Corneliu // Acta Technica Napocensis. Electronica-Telecomunicatii;2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p42
This paper presents a method for wildlife intruder detection. For the feature extraction step, we have used the averaged binary sparsogram, while for the classification step we have used artificial neural networks. Two frameworks are discussed: in the first framework, four sound classes are...
- ALARM EDUCATION. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p37
Focuses on the New Orleans Police Department and the Louisiana Burglar and Fire Alarm Association's collaboration on a false alarm education effort in Louisiana. Emphasis on alarm users and dealers; Failure of an alarm ordinance to reach its goal of a reduction in the false alarm rate; Effort...
- Get Monitored Alarms Through a Pager. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p57
Focuses on the benefits of security paging in alarm control panels. Sales tool for dealers; Secondary means of event notification; Chance for dealers to better service a client's security system; Paging network technology; Radio pagers. INSET: Monitoring vs Paging.