Finding Synergies for Security
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- Some quick lessons learned from a newcomer to the security industry. Damore, Kelley // Information Security;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p8
Presents views on the information security industry. Responsibilities of security managers; Evolution of the industry; Challenges faced by the industry, including compliance with standards and laws.
- Opportunity in testing devices which create time varying RF signals. Huddlestone, Neil // Electronics Weekly;1/12/2005, Issue 2176, p20
The article informs that the requirements for testing the wide range of devices which create transient or time varying RF signals is the key opportunity. Uses of RF are everywhere, from consumer electronics and industrial, to medical and automotive applications. Ensuring these devices are...
- CEMA okays home networking standard. // Popular Electronics;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the EIA-709 standard for home networking approved by the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association. Enabling of a new generation of intelligent products to be networked to create automated homes; Three parts of standard.
- CEA Publishes 2 Consumer-Friendly Standards. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p35
Reports that the Consumer Electronics Association has published standards for measuring the sound level of a vehicle security's system siren or alarm and specifying the terms, abbreviations and definitions used in the sale and installation of aftermarket products in the United States.
- New networking standard. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;May98, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association's (CEMA) publication of the EIA-709 standard for home networking. Features of the standard; Comment by Jim Kasson, chairman of the CEMA Home Control Systems Subcommittee.
- CEA ANNOUNCES 3D STANDARDS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the release of five new standards by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) in 2012.
- Home systems: Hot again. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p75
Focuses on the impact of the home systems market on the security systems industry in the United States as of February 2000. Home systems as a business opportunity for security systems companies; Growth of the market for home structured wiring systems. INSETS: The DotCom home.;Wireless world or...
- SDM Literature Showcase. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p68
Features products and materials for distributors and sellers of automated security systems and homes. Monitoring services and product from Emergency24; In-ceiling mounted stereo loudspeakers from OWI Inc.; Literature for Potter Electric Signal Co.'s security and sprinkler products.