Supply Chain Security: Best Practices Build Success
- Supply-Chain Security Update. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Nov2006, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p40
The article discusses the supply-chain security and the government security programs supported by the business community. The programs are the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism and the Importer Self-Assessment program. Savi Networks LLC, a joint venture between Lockheed Martin Corp....
- PROTECTING THE GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN. Blanchard, David // Industry Week/IW;Dec2006, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p43
The article discusses the importance of securing the supply chain. Supply chain consultant Rosalyn Wilson notes that despite improved security measures after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, added disorders with greater impact are transpiring. Expansion of supply chains across different...
- Brink's Secures Shareholder Activism. Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Reports that activist investor MMI Investments LP called for The Brink's Co. to sell BAX, a provider of overnight delivery services to businesses. Stock performance of the Brink's on the day of the filing; Units of businesses of Brink's; Possible use of proceeds from the sale of BAX.
- Dock security check-up. Melhorn, Mike // Westchester County Business Journal;1/17/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the implementation of security measures in office buildings in the U.S. Factors affecting the inability of facilities to control the people who enters from the receiving area; Investment of class A and B office buildings to staff the main entrances with security officers; Questions to...
- BAX warns of lower earnings. // Traffic World;09/21/98, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p44
Reports on the expectations of Bax Global on its 1998 third-quarter financial statement. Contributing factors to the company's expectation for a higher financial statement; Information on the company's financial status as of 1997; Comments from company officials.
- BAX opens office in Switzerland. // Orange County Business Journal;06/22/98, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p20
Discloses that Irvine, California-based BAX Global Inc. has opened an ocean freight office in Basel, Switzerland.
- Scan-all. // Traffic World;6/30/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 26, p4
The author reflects on the continuous controversy faced by cargo industry in terms of cargo security in the U.S. The author illustrates that cargo security is important to provide the shippers with sense of stability and goodwill initiatives to response the needs of commerce and of security. He...
- C-TPAT Sets New Criteria. // Traffic World;3/27/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 13, p13
The article reports on the implementation of New Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) standards for highway carriers in the U.S. Highway carriers joining the program must meet a new bar and C-TPAT members must also adhere to the criteria but do not have to rejoin the supply chain...
- INFLUENCE OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENTS ON SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: INSIGHTS FROM RUSSIAN AND UKRAINIAN AGRI-FOOD BUSINESS. Belaya, Vera; Gagalyuk, Taras; Hanf, Jon Henrich // Management & Marketing;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p237
The recent developments of Russian and Ukrainian economies and rapid growth of food industries have proven to be one of the key motives for international companies to enter these countries and stirred up active investments into the food sector. It is observable that when foreign food retailers...