History, Community's Culture Comes Together in Santa Barbara Courthouse Partnership Upgrade
- Climate, Wine, and the Beach Are Among Santa Barbara's Perfect Delights. Lothar, Corinna // World & I;Jan2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on tourist attractions found in Santa Barbara, California. The city honors its Spanish and Mexican heritage with an annual fiesta during the first week of August. Several historic buildings found in the city include the last Spanish fortress Presidio, Casa de la Guerra and...
- NUMBERS. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/26/2004, Issue 3, p14
The article presents various statistical data. These include the cost to Santa Barbara County of providing staff, security, sanitation and electricity for Michael Jackson's arraignment on child-molestation charges, number of cases of polio worldwide in 1988 and acres worldwide of farmland on...
- Pulse. Blair, Scott // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/13/2015, Vol. 274 Issue 10, Following pCA25
Project news from Dodge Data & Analytics
- Courtroom violence: What we can do about it. Wax, Jack // USA Today Magazine;May94, Vol. 122 Issue 2588, p26
Reports on increase of courtroom violence and the need for increased security. Newspaper reports of courtroom violence reported; Relationship of courtroom violence to domestic violence; Insufficiency of decorum as an element of court security; Questions on use of anonymous juries; Need to...
- JPSO provides security for courthouse annex. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p2A
Focuses on Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office's security system for the Jefferson Parish Courthouse Annex Building in Gretna, Louisiana. Operation of a metal detector at the entrance; Assignment of officers in each courtroom.
- Keeping order in the courts. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p2A
Comments on Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office's implementation of a security system for the Jefferson Parish Courthouse Annex Building in Gretna, Louisiana. Number of deputies assigned to the courthouse annex building; Installation of a metal detector station at the entrance.
- Courting security. DePasquale, Sal // American City & County;Oct94, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on security in courthouses in the United States. Control of prisoners; Lawyers' access to defendants and witnesses; Consideration of makeshift facilities; Emergency planning and preparedness; Technical issues.
- Who's that guy? // New Yorker;3/20/95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the presence of bailiffs in courtrooms in the United States. Bailiffs as security measures in sensitive and sensational cases; Bailiff as the only armed person in a courtroom.
- Justice videoconferencing. Ventetuolo Jr., Anthony; Travisono, Anthony P. // Corrections Today;Jul98, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p94
Discusses the use of videoconferencing in corrections. Effect of videoconferencing on courtroom security; Benefits of videoconferencing; Cost of the technology.