Reality and Perceptions; Perfs and Real Heroes
- Ben Gurion Official Highlights Airport Security Layers. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;12/23/2008, Vol. 240 Issue 56, p9
The article discusses the security system of Israel's Ben Gurion International Airport. The airport boasts multiple layers of security, some of them obvious and others less so, all designed to identify potential security threats at each successive layer while easing the travel experience for...
- Holistic Platform. Bill, Zalud // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the use of a holistic security approach at Phoenic Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, Arizona. Use of the automation and control service business unit from Honeywell Internationals; Utilization of smart card photo identification badging; Installation of digital videos and...
- Airport questions protocol. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;12/2/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p7
The article reports on the issue about the security measures at Missoula International Airport (MSO) complained by multiple travellers which has received significant media attention, citing the significant role of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in Montana.
- Alleged airport system flaw raises tempers, questions. O'Connell, Tim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the altercation between security designers, installers and end users at an international airport. Flaws in security systems; Exposure to terrorism; Detection of defect on physical access control system by California-based MSF Associates, a computer security consulting firm.
- Stupid user tricks. Rash, Wayne // InfoWorld;1/27/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p28
Presents an article about a security problem encountered at Washington Dulles International Airport. Prevention of security leaks; Lessons learned from the experience.
- Richmond Airport Tightens Perimeter Security. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on perimeter security measures at Richmond International Airport in Virginia. Airport security officials' selection of Perimitrax system from Senstar-Stellar Inc.; Utilization of covert buried cable perimeter intrusion detection sensor to protect its commercial terminal; Flexibility of...
- Adisucipto International Airport. // CruiseGuide;3/29/2010, p2
The article reports on the move of Adisucipto International Airport (JOG) to introduce a biometric security systems which features fingerprint and facial imaging technology in Indonesia.
- Adisucipto International Airport. // CruiseGuide;3/29/2010, p1
The article reports on the plan of Adisucipto International Airport (JOG) to install a biometric security systems in Indonesia.
- Jet Skier Finds Flaw In JFK Security. // AVweb;8/16/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 33B, p6
The article reports on the flaw discovered at the security system of John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City after Daniel Casillo, a regular guy from Howard Beacha, walked across two runways on August 11, 2012 and made it to Terminal 3 without anyone trying to stop him.