In Defense of the Facility
- CSULB MAES Chapter awards banquet. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Aug/Sep1990, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the Second Annual Awards and Recognitions Banquet at the Stouffers Hotel in El Segundo, sponsored by the California State University at Long Beach MAES Student Chapter, in conjunction with several organizations. Theme of the banquet; Reception/cocktail activities; Keynote speaker and...
- California State UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH. Mason, Raquel // Teen Ink;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p30
The article offers information on the California State University in Long Beach, California.
- California State University-Long Beach. Flax, Ellen // Liberal Education;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the incentive program launched at the California State University-Long Beach to promote curricular creativity in international education. Efforts of faculty members and administrators to promote international education; Background on the incentive program for faculty members;...
- Cal State Tuition Soars Amid Budget Woes. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the decision of the California State University, Long Beach's Board of Trustees to vote to raise tuition by 15.5% to survive future state budget deficits.
- Calif. backs off plan to end remedial college classes. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;2/7/96, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p8
Reports that the board of trustees for the California States University system has backed off from a proposal to eliminate remedial classes for students by 2001. Board's approval of a plan to reduce the number of remedial classes; Coverage of the new policy; Reasons behind the opposition to the...
- Access to Education Made Easier with Online Courses and Programs. // Orange County Business Journal;1/28/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pB-56
The article discusses the improved accessibility of online courses at California State University, Long Beach.
- Editor's Column. Jago, Carol // California English;Apr2001, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The author reflects on the warranties to each of the 700 graduating students offered by the California State University-Long Beach, California. The author avers that a guarantee from a university that is busy training to 700 candidates appears improbable. She states that such a program gathers...
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;6/22/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p8
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. states related to education and school services including the two-year pilot study on the integration of BlackBerry smartphone into instruction at Indiana University's (UI) Kelley School of Business, the plan to standardize the iclicker student response...
- A complete complex. // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the construction of a science building at the California State University in Long Beach. Cost of the construction project; Features and design of the building; Architect for this project.