Real-Time Global Security Monitoring
- `Mission possible': A low-cost alarm system for public safety 800MHz communications. Tedrick, Carlton L. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug97, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p42
Describes a remote site alarm for public safety 800 MHz communications. Challenge of getting remote site alarms to a location; Forms of remote site alarms; Configuration of remote site alarms.
- First Responders Want Better Communications. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p98
The article offers information about a survey concerning how public safety organizations in the U.S. use current communications technology, as well as what future capabilities they would deploy. It is stated that the survey reveals a strong demand for technology solutions that provide advanced...
- Border Patrols Tubac checkpoint is still a flashpoint. Richardson, Jaime // Inside Tucson Business;5/18/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p6
The article reports on Tubac's Interstate 19 north Border Patrol checkpoint referred to as a safety hazard among the north and south residents as well as turning off tourism. It notes that Tubac being a shopping area has been affected by the checkpoint promoting inconvenience to the local...
- Hard lessons. David, Stephen // India Today;8/10/2009, p9
The article reports on the clearance received by the Bangalore, India Police to conduct high-tech security checks for people accompanying politicians to the Vidhana Soudha. The unit will be using high-tech equipment like pop-up tyre deflaters, automatic boom barricades and vehicle scanner...
- ABIMDE marca presenÃ§a na LAAD Security e na FIDAE 2012. // Tecnologia Militar;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p56
O artigo reporta que a ABIMDE (AssociaÃ§Ã¢o Brasileira das IndÃºstrias de Materiais de Defesa e SeguranÃ§a) marcou presenÃ§a nos dois maiores eventos ligados ao setor na AmÃ©rica Latina neste primeiro semestre: a LAAD Security e a FIDAE. Na primeira ediÃ§Ã£o da Feira...
- courthouses. Kneisel, Sophie // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the significance of security improvement at courthouses in Alberta. Circulation planning and good electronic tools are significant in ensuring the safety of public and security of prisoners in judicial buildings. Space planning ensures that the public, the prisoners and...
- BUDGETARY PERSPECTIVE ON POLICE FORCE: A CASE STUDY ON SLOVENIA. PINTERIČ, Uroš // Transylvanian Review of Administrative Sciences;2011, Issue 33E, p243
No abstract available.
- The Spy in the Cab: The Use and Abuse of Taxicab Cameras in San Francisco. Anderson, Donald N. // Surveillance & Society;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p150
Since security cameras were first required in San Francisco taxicabs in 2003, their unfolding story has come to contain many elements familiar to Surveillance Studies: the initial introduction of new technology in the wake of a moral panic; a failure of maintenance and a lapse into...
- TECNOLOGÃA AL SERVICIO DE LA SEGURIDAD. Yecutieli, Samuel // Debates IESA;jul-sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p40
No abstract available.