Retail Theft is Up
- Shoplifting Costs U.S. Retailers $40.5 Billion. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2008, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p150
The article reports that shoplifting costs retailers in the U.S. $400.5 billion in 2007, according to an annual survey conducted by the University of Florida with a funding grant from ADT Security Services. The study suggests that employee theft accounted for $19 billion in losses or 47 percent...
- SMART & SECURE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p56
The article discusses how ADT Security Services Inc. ranked No. 1 security provider in the U.S. Retail trade has been considered ADT's largest commercial vertical market. The company's long history among retailers roots from the burglar and fire alarm market. Most of its products offer much more...
- STEALING FROM THE INSIDE. // Interior Fitout;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the result of the survey conducted by ADT Security Services Inc., which reveals that 43 percent of small business owners figure an annual loss of 10,000 Australian dollars due to employee theft and fraud.
- EAS Technology Integrated into Janam's XG100 Rugged Mobile Computers. // Apparel Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the move of Janam Technologies to integrate sensormatic electronic article surveillance (EAS) technology from ADT Security Services to its XG100 series of gun-shaped mobile computers. Janam claims that they are the first mobile computer firm to meet loss prevention...
- ADT puts auctions in Europe up for sale. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p8
Reports on Boca Raton, Fla.-based ADT Ltd.'s plan to sell its car auction business in Europe. Reasons for the company's decision; Company's financial performance.
- ADT sells European auctions. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p6
Reports on ADT Ltd.'s sale of its European auctions to a management-led group headed by David Hammond and Tom Gibson. ADT's plans to focus on its electronic security business; Comments of Michael Richardson, president of ADT Automotive in Nashville, Tennessee.
- ADT. Patron, Edward // Financial World;5/20/96, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p22
Features electronic securities firm ADT. Growing market for electronic security services in the United States; ADT's financial performance in fiscal 1995; Company's acquisition of small companies in order to expand its business; Company's performance in the retail and wholesale markets.
- Freeport, Texas Picks ADT For City Video Surveillance. // Government Video;Apr2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p28
The article reports that according to a top police official in Freeport, Texas, ADT Security Services has been selected by the city to install a wireless video surveillance system to deal with crime in a public housing project.
- ADT seeking buyer for its auto auction subsidiary. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;11/11/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5686, p4
Reports on the plans of ADT Limited to offer its auto auction subsidiary, ADT Automotive up for sale. Background information on ADT Limited; Comments from Micheal Richardson, chairman of ADT Automotive.