A Tougher Attitude Toward National Security
- National Security. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;3/11/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p84
The article focuses on the public opinion on U.S. national security policy issues as of March 2006. Citizens are uneasy over the deal that would allow the United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based company Dubai Ports World to manage several U.S. ports. Fifty seven percent of Republican voters opposed the...
- Homeland Security. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;2/22/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p605
Presents the results of public opinion polls on national security in the U.S. as of February 2003. Percentage of adults polled who believe that terrorist attacks will occur within the next two months; Attitude toward the threat posed by terrorism.
- Homeland Security. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;10/6/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p3120
Looks at the results of a survey on the view of the people of the United States about national security. Percentage of the public who think that government needs more power to investigate citizens; Percentage of the public who believe for a military solution to destroy terrorist networks.
- POLES' SENSE OF SECURITY - SELECTED SOCIOLOGICAL ASPECTS. DOJWA-TURCZYNSKA, Katarzyna // Science & Military Journal;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p49
Security is one of basic individual and social needs. It is the responsibility of public institutions which, operating in a democratic state, must not only make sure that it is ensured on various planes and in various dimensions, but also accept that the opinions of citizens are important in...
- Poll finds that Americans consider N. Korea a bigger threat than China. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;12/20/2006, p11
The article reports that U.S. citizens consider North Korea to be a bigger security threat than China, according to a joint survey by Gallup and Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun. Some 75 percent of Americans polled called North Korea the most significant military threat next to the Middle East. Yomiuri...
- Government. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;2/16/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p489
Highlights the public opinion poll which rates the people's confidence in the U.S. federal government's capability of solving national security problems.
- THE POPSCI OPINION POLL BASED ON 2,923 RESPONSES POSTED
TO POPSCI.COM FROM 12/12 TO 1/12. // Popular Science;Mar2004, Vol. 264 Issue 3, p52
Presents the results of a public opinion poll about the efforts of homeland security in protecting the U.S. against biochemical terrorism.
- Foreign Affairs. // National Journal;3/15/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p852
Presents the results of a public opinion poll on United Nations politics as of March 15, 2003. Implications of the decisions made by the United Nations' Security Council on Iraq; Countries that pose danger to the U.S.
- Americans Believe U.S. International Strategy Has Backfired. // World Public Opinion Poll - Region United States & Canada;2006, p1
The article discusses the public opinion of the Americans concerning the U.S. military threats towards the resolution of international issues as shown in the poll conducted by the WorldPublicOpinion.org in the U.S. on November 21-29, 2006. Majority of the American respondents believe that the...